Google + fan page?

Sigdis

Red as blood
Feb 19, 2012
WA, USA
I'm a total social media junkie and follow the band on Facebook and Twitter- and here of course- but the main site I use, Google + is almost completely lacking when it comes Turisas. There is a Turisas Mexico fan page but it posts in Spanish... I can translate but they really don't seem very active anyway..

I'm thinking about maybe starting a fan page there in English to post all the links (like the live vids from the australia concerts that are popping up now on youtube) and information I find online, as well as having a place for Turisas fans to find each other on this new social platform. I would list that it is completely fan operated.

What does everyone think?

Here is the Turisas Mexico Fans page so you can see what I'm talking about (you may need a G+ account to see it, I'm not sure- they're easy to get, all you need is a gmail account)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/?tab=wX&gpcaz=d9cff91#103211111643962585595/posts

I'd love to start something like this up, especially with Paganfest coming up right around the corner!

yes? no?

I'm always trying to leave facebook with no success. I used to "manage" friends on FB et bands on Myspace. But when Myspace died facebook took over. And now I'm stuck.
If you create a fanpage I'll join, but being active is another issue ^__^
MNge

PS : sorry for the mistakes, it's too early.

Go for it :)

Atm I don´t have google + and will not make a step into this, since it´s another time-eating place and I don´t have the time for that hahahaha

I fear, sooner or later, the band and the street team will need to join, too.
I hope it´s gonna be "later" hahahaha :rofl: too much social media, networks and whatever >.<

Found it, joined it ;)

MNge

Wow! You're quick! :headbang:

I fear, sooner or later, the band and the street team will need to join, too.
I hope it´s gonna be "later" hahahaha :rofl: too much social media, networks and whatever >.<

There are so many social media sites out there right now.. I think G+ is going to be around to stay, but I don't think it will be a priority for bands in general for a while yet. The fan page will get the foot in the door and give fans a place to roost until the rest of the world comes on board. :D

I meant to link the street team FB pages under 'Recommended Links' too but missed doing it this morning... I'll do that tonight when I get home. ;)

Here is the page if anyone is looking for it:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/105354213135310233509/#105354213135310233509/posts

If there are any questions about G+ in general you can always PM me- I'm always online SOMEWHERE... :devil:

Or bored.
Or lucky.
;)

I can't help noticing your Skyrim screenshots :wave:

MNge

you're so sneaky finding me (out of 5 profiles lol) ;) YES I am a gamer and a huge Skyrim fan.. so many addictions.. so little time.....if you want I'll put you in my Skyrim circle and then you can see the ton of posts/spam I reserve for other addicts :D

I'm not sneaky :Þ when I joined there was only two profiles, you and Century Media Rec. I assume you're not CM Rec? XD
I don't know if I have time for Skyrim circle but let's try!!

MNge

I'm not sneaky :Þ when I joined there was only two profiles, you and Century Media Rec. I assume you're not CM Rec? XD
I don't know if I have time for Skyrim circle but let's try!!

MNge

Its weird what G+ shows and what they don't, there are really 5 of us now I promise! hehe

strange indeed, that's what I see now:

g.jpg

MNge

yup, we're up to 9 now actually! woot!!

it has to do with what the members choose to show on their page as to 'who is in your circles' and 'who circled you'. When you get over a certain number it really doesn't matter but at this stage it's a little frustrating because I want to say 'HEY! LOOK! PEOPLE!' but in the end I'm just happy when people come on board :D

They translate my name!!!!!
Curse you G+!! :D

If Warlord ever join us on G+ will he appear as "seigneur de guerre" for me??:loco:

MNge

Well, I have the gallery up so the page looks a bit nicer and the posts seem to be getting some good response. With the band being in Australia I've had some nice new links to post this week. I really want to avoid over-posting at this point because I know that can turn some users off. We're up to 18 members and still growing, at this point I think it just needs some time (and some cross-promotion on my personal page) to pick up steam. Here's hoping anyway- I really feel this kind of music is under-appreciated in the US.

haha damn true we opened the Turisas page there but there is not a lot of activity(or any) in recent month, we had a myspace page for years, we started there but now is also abandoned, try to update a little thing turned into a completly pain in the ass! so we droped it. Ill ask to take back the updates of the page now that we restored the mails.

I joined to the group btw :)

haha damn true we opened the Turisas page there but there is not a lot of activity(or any) in recent month, we had a myspace page for years, we started there but now is also abandoned, try to update a little thing turned into a completly pain in the ass! so we droped it. Ill ask to take back the updates of the page now that we restored the mails.

I joined to the group btw :)

Great- thanks! if your page is going active again I'll join too ;)
We're 1 away from 50 btw! I've been having fun with it and hope it'll keep growing like it has been.