More Turisas Fan Art

Doomtroll

Cinnamon and Sodomy
Jan 7, 2007
the internet
doomentia.wordpress.com
Turbo told me to draw more fan art of Turisas, so I did.
I need a life.
Of course this is supposed to be Nygård, but without his warpaint, because I hate doing that war paint and I think it makes him look like he's supporting Dennis The Mennis or some shit.

Main problem with the picture is how I fucked up the position of the neck and his chin just looks... weird. But oh well, hoipe you enjoy anyway. I'll try better next time (I'm trying to do the entire band, so far it's not going too well, although Jussi is proving to be interesting to draw, I just love beards! <3

turisaswarlordtm3.jpg

I tried doing some toons of Alestorm too but failed hard. I drew Chris fairly well but the rest of the band seems to be a pain in the ass to draw. I'll try something in the future though

Sketched with pencils then scanned into photoshop and colouring and fucking around with effects.
lineart.jpg

Here is just the pencil work, although I'll admit at this point I had duplicated the layer, recoloured the pencils to a brownish colour and blurred it to give them a smoother effect to help make the final image have more atmosphere.

flatcoloursetc.jpg

Is just the flat colours really, no effects yet minus on the line art.

WUTIZWRONGZ.jpg

Is where I started to shade parts. Just using the brush, airbrush option and lowering the opacity and using a dark colour for shading.

I tend to tweak the line art a lot too to improve the image, for example in the 3rd image his adam's apple is in the center of the neck, makes his skull look like it's snapped from the spine, so I simply cut it out and moved it over to the left so it can show that his neck has turned slightly too. Haha. Such tiny tiny things make huge difference.

Gotta get meh a Turisas tattoo! Someone suggest something!

I was thinking of the shape below the disk in the TVW case?

Ah right, yeah i was gonna have a go sometime at colouring pencil sketches in photoshop.. but that really shows me the amazing results you can get from it. Im definately gonna give it a go sometime... (though i highly doubt i'll be able to achieve anything as spectacular as yours).

Is there some kind of website where we can see some of your other stuff too?.. i wanna see more :)

Ah right, yeah i was gonna have a go sometime at colouring pencil sketches in photoshop.. but that really shows me the amazing results you can get from it. Im definately gonna give it a go sometime... (though i highly doubt i'll be able to achieve anything as spectacular as yours).

Is there some kind of website where we can see some of your other stuff too?.. i wanna see more :)

My website is http://isjungfrun.com but it's under construction at the moment. For now all I have is a DeviantART gallery http://isjungfrun.deviantart.com/gallery/

I might try and throw up a few tutorials on the way I colour things, I've had a few requests but been way too lazy. Once you pick up a bit it tends to be really easy. I have a harder time drawing with the pencils than I do colouring these days. :erk:

My website is http://isjungfrun.com but it's under construction at the moment. For now all I have is a DeviantART gallery http://isjungfrun.deviantart.com/gallery/

I might try and throw up a few tutorials on the way I colour things, I've had a few requests but been way too lazy. Once you pick up a bit it tends to be really easy. I have a harder time drawing with the pencils than I do colouring these days. :erk:

Ah thanks

Yeah! a tuturial would be great

Wow, it's great, you have a lot of talent!

I'm almost finishing a dwarf that's inspired by listening to Turisas, Summoning and by the fact that I'm a fan of Warhammer Fantasy, when I finish it I'll scan and post it :D

Turbo told me to draw more fan art of Turisas, so I did.
I need a life.
Of course this is supposed to be Nygård, but without his warpaint, because I hate doing that war paint and I think it makes him look like he's supporting Dennis The Mennis or some shit.

Main problem with the picture is how I fucked up the position of the neck and his chin just looks... weird. But oh well, hoipe you enjoy anyway. I'll try better next time (I'm trying to do the entire band, so far it's not going too well, although Jussi is proving to be interesting to draw, I just love beards! <3

turisaswarlordtm3.jpg

I tried doing some toons of Alestorm too but failed hard. I drew Chris fairly well but the rest of the band seems to be a pain in the ass to draw. I'll try something in the future though

As I keep saying... Brilliant Cait.

Alestorm cartoons? lol. Make sure Chris has his original jewbeard.:p

Wow, it's great, you have a lot of talent!

I'm almost finishing a dwarf that's inspired by listening to Turisas, Summoning and by the fact that I'm a fan of Warhammer Fantasy, when I finish it I'll scan and post it :D

Here's the dwarf
sinttulo1mr7.png

And here I started to paint it, but I'm to lazy to finish it
sinttulo2fk6.png