TURISAS: No New Album Before 2010

GameFreac

The Derminator
Feb 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Lucem Fero recently published an interview with TURISAS vocalist Mathias "Warlord" Nygård, conducted in September by Welsh interviewer Anthony Morgan. Topics of discussion included TURISAS' DVD, "A Finnish Summer With Turisas", its accompanying documentary, "Battle Metal"'s re-recording, and plans for a follow up to 2007's "The Varangian Way". Several excerpts from the interview follow below.

On plans for a follow-up to "The Varangian Way":

"I think it's going to be awhile before we issue our third album. (laughs) At the moment, we'll be touring for quite some time. Right now, our plans are to finish this touring cycle alongside DRAGONFORCE by the summer of 2009. Following that, we'll take a break to start focusing upon writing new songs, and subsequently entering production. From mid-2009 until the end of 2009, there'll likely be a gap. We won't tour much, but will focus upon writing new tracks, and cutting our third album."

On whether the follow-up won't surface until 2010:

"Yeah, that sounds realistic."

I just want them to headline the US and I'll be happy. I can wait till 2010 to be honest. I'm not in any hurry for another album. :)

Ahhh, you saw that headline too eh?
I know it will be worth the wait but I am still going to pout just a little over here. It seems so far away, but when they are touring until Summer 09 it is to be expected. With all this touring they are building up quite a fan base, this album is going to be huge for them.

i guess it´s nothing that surprising or whatever, looking at many bands it´s exactly the same or even longer, so...

and they really need a break that does not only exist of 2 days off or whatsoever, I guess^^

vader-nooooo.jpg

I think this is a realistic approach. As much as 2010 seems far away, it's just how things fall in place given current schedule.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

It does seem like a realistic date, they can't really begin any proper work on a new album until they finish the DF tour, and after that it'll take a while to write and record... As much as I'd love a new album sooner, 2010 makes sense

I'd much rather have another kick-ass album that takes a bit longer to make than a rushed "bad" album. To Turisas: take your time and enjoy the break next year. I am confident the 3rd album will be killer!

a new album is for me good news, but in second hand bad, coz it means no more concerts for a while and since ive never see them live, i want more concert dates! so i can be patient :)

Very true... althoughI have paris in Jan and then Bloodstock in Aug, so not too bad, but still, 2 gigs in 2009 compared with 9 with 2008...

Slowly weaning yourself off then ;)
Screw recording the new album, just take a break! the band has been touring pretty non stop the last couple of years...well they end up in the UK most autumns:p

The wait will more than likely be worth it though. They'll have plenty of time to put out quality material and not be rushed.

I think there's an unofficial Australian street team on here somewhere, you should get involved with that, and bug all your local promoters and get all your friends to bug them, that way they know there's a demand for Turisas in Australia...

:) and I am sure you´ll get Turisas to Australia, even if it is only a festival...