Turisas - The Varangian Way - Coming June 2007!

I'm hoping mine will finally arrive tomorrow, it was sent off yesterday or the day before. My order number was 666665 from where I ordered it.

got mine today this going straight onto ipod infact this gets its own playlist

So, as I expected, blahdvd sent me the CD, not the "(Special Edition LP w/bonus CD)" as it's described on the site.

Got mine the other day.

One of the best album's I've ever bought!! It's amazing.

S92

^ A Portage to the Unknown :p

..muahaha, all you people still waiting, i preordered mine and it arrived the day after its official release in this country (The release day being sunday where there isn't any post anyway)..

muahahaha

..tehe, sorry.

I don't think i've said what i think about it in this thread yet.. so here i go.

There is a big difference in style from the two albums, this one being way more symphonic.. but i think 'The Varangian Way' is absolutely awesome!

..I suppose i do feel that i miss the old 'As Torches Rise' style in songs.. i think that and 'Battle Metal' were the most Battley songs.. whereas on the new album its like it almost slips from Battle Metal to just being a more Viking-ish Symphonic Metal.. but either way i absolutely love the new album.

It has more 'technicality' (uncommon time signatures in places).. the use of choirs to make it more epic.. its great.

..only problem.. the songs from the new album wont sound as good live as on the CD.. unless Turisas bring a whole Orchestra and Choir on stage :p

..but thats not to worry about at the minute, for now, everything is awesome!

:D

I didnt wait, I just ordered it in my own time, because I had a couple of other albums to buy which includes beginning my Kreator and Sodom discographies, and getting the new W.A.S.P. album.

..only problem.. the songs from the new album wont sound as good live as on the CD.. unless Turisas bring a whole Orchestra and Choir on stage :p
:D

Backing tapes.

And I think I prefer this album but then I am more partial to epic-y stuff and concept albums :D

Not for everything, just the big ass choiry bits.

Unless then can find a stage big enough for an orchestra which I doubt will be possible.

And it's better than the alternative of no orchestral bits.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!! :rofl:DDDD

It's finally mineeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

(it arrived yesterday, the LP + CD version.... exactly a month after the date in the uk)

woooow, i'm just so f*cking-vikingly happy :rofl:DDD
the album is really great. I've been hearing only the sample's song for a month :rofl:!!!! this is like a paradigm shift :rofl:

:headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :kickass:

received my promo today... first time I hear all of the new songs, and first impression: it's epic, it's powerfull, it's battle metal, it's Turisas.

expect a full review within couple of weeks (I'm off for a holiday tomorrow)
(btw, I write for vampire magazine, in case you wondered)

All I can say is just: AMAZING!!! Or maybe fucking amazing. :D One of my favourite albums, thats for sure. You can just listen and listen the cd over and over again and you won't still get enough of it. Can't wait to hear it live! :)

Bought the new CD finally today. This really is way better than Battle Metal, which isn't bad either! I like the sound of Varangian Way, but at the moment that's the only thing I can say. :D IMO the best song is absolutely Miklagard Overture.