Turisas - The Varangian Way - Coming June 2007!

TVW.jpg

Imagine a time when warriors strode the earth. A time when battle-painted warrior-poets sang of battles and heady feats of heroism, myth intermingled with fact, and romantic notions of adventure on the high seas sparked the imagination. The time is now, because so-called battle metal maestros TURISAS – named after their homeland's ancient god of war – are bringing back the old –school with the sophomore album “The Varangian Way”.

"We definitely have high expectations lined up after the success of our debut album “Battle Metal””, says vocalist and producer Warlord. “Quite often the second album is done in a rush and doesn’t live up to the standards of the debut. We took three years to get it right, and there's no doubt about it: “The Varangian Way” tops “Battle Metal” with such ease I almost feel sorry for our debut."

In order to get a first taste check out a medley of two brand-new songs, “To Holmgard And Beyond” and “A Portage To The Unknown” at www.myspace.com/turisasofficial.

Another small detail that still emphasizes the uniqueness of “The Varangian Way” is the fact that all solos were played on an electric violin instead of a guitar – and there are many more tiny details that you will notice while listening to the album.

Graphic artist, illustrator and designer John Coulthart (Cradle Of Filth; Hawkwind; poster and cover art for spoken word albums by writer Alan Moore ["Watchmen", "V for Vendetta"]) did the stunning artwork for this special album that will give you further insight on the brave travelers’ journey through the East.

With already confirmed slots at Download (mainstage), Graspop, With Full Force, Rock Hard Festival, Tuska, and plans for a relentless, take-no-prisoners tour already underway, 2007 is the year TURISAS take the world by storm.

Grab the nearest sword and wench and join them on their quest - to Holmgard, and beyond!

www.turisas.com
www.myspace.com/turisasofficial

“The Varangian Way” tops “Battle Metal” with such ease I almost feel sorry for our debut."

Wow......... :OMG:

I really cant imagine this cd

Im sure the expects of everyone will be more then satisfied... NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!

I wanna have it!!!
Wanna hear it!
Wanna drink lots and LOTS! of beer listening to this new cd

I really cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol... since i've been listening to Turisas, I have this strong thought that I might, some day, end up killing someone with a sword :rofl:

fuckin' epic :D
i still hope some songs have good growls, since the medley only has clean vocals (although holmgard and beyond sounds fantastic!)

fuckin' epic :D
i still hope some songs have good growls, since the medley only has clean vocals (although holmgard and beyond sounds fantastic!)

I actually think that the vocals are pretty damn neat! Enjoyed Homegard very much and I believe that this album will give Battle Metal a run for its money.

yeah, i didnt say that i dont like the cleanvoice nygård does. his voice really evolved! holmgard and beyond has just an awesome sing-a-long refrain.
cant wait to get my hands on the new album!

...Sounded like old Turisas but Emperor and Dimmu Borgir threw up on it. Although, I was originally not going to buy the album after listening to that one sample... but the album got leaked, I checked it out... now I'm going to buy it. Heh, funny that people say illegal downloading ruins the music industry ;3
The cover art is beautiful though, it's like Norse met Art Nouveau. Very sexellent.

*thumbs down* :( If the growling is different to those on "Battle Metal" I think i'm gonna be dissapointed.

Somewhat. I don't see too much of a difference, it's just very random and mixed, although there are points in which his harsh vocals sound very similar to Ihsahn's. I'm actually just annoyed with the synth rape on this album. Battle Metal > The Vagina Way