Gorgoroth prosecuted in Poland

Wolfenmond

Feb 15, 2003
Augsburg, Germany
Visit site
taken from smnnews.com

Gorgoroth Face Criminal Charges With Sheep Head Performance

"A prosecutor in Poland has launched an investigation into whether a concert by the black metal band GORGOROTH has breached the country's law protecting religion. The Norwegian band are suspected of having sent a hateful and offensive message with their performance Sunday (Feb. 1) at the Krakow studios of Polish Television.

The show, which was to be filmed for an upcoming DVD, featured two naked women (with hoods over their heads) and one naked man, all of them "crucified" and covered in sheep blood, a number of sheep heads on spikes and sheep entrails thrown all over the stage, as well as approximately 80 liters of fresh sheep blood. During the performance, which was attended by an audience of 300, one of the models reportedly fainted from the lack of oxygen. The TV show's producers, who were not briefed in advance about the nature of the concert, were said to "shocked" by the activities on stage. The manager of the studio, Andrzej Jeziorek, notified the police and the recorded footage was confiscated by the authorities as evidence of a possible crime.

The TV crew, who had filmed various metal performances before (including those by CANNIBAL CORPSE, CHILDREN OF BODOM and ANATHEMA, among others), claimed in the Polish media that they had never seen anything quite as "horrific" as GORGOROTH's live show. "We were not repulsed, we were terrified!" the camera operators were quoted as saying by the Polish newspapers.

The concert promoters reportedly defended themselves by saying that all the people who came to watch the show were satisfied and none of them complained about having had their religious beliefs offended in any way."

Find pictures and videos from the show at this location: [url]http://www.teppah.prv.pl/[/url] and [url]http://student.ae.poznan.pl/~teppah...kow_01-02-2004/[/url]

GORGOROTH's official website adds:

"Total chaos after the live recording in Krakow, Poland. The local police have confiscated the video tapes of the gig, and are currently investigating for a possible prosecution."

i was on the train heading to oslo and the person in front of me was reading the news paper. i look up and the headline was "SATANIST SCANDAL" (thats in english, but the norwegian spelling is similar). i immediatly thought "what black metal band did what this time?".

but this one is just stupid. people are upset because of their lyrics, its not like they murdered christians or burned churches... but im not sure if poland has the rights to freedom of speech like the states do. its sad in any case. however i saw one of the gorgoroth guys in elm street last night, so they arent being detained any longer, but their video footage is still being held by the poland government

this is just stupid, but really typically of die hard christians. they will make noise about anything just to hear their own voices. and i sincerly doubt that all the fans at a gorgoroth show were christians and were offended. even though there are christian black metal fans, most of them are very against christianity as the music entails. and those who are christian prolly werent offended cuz they knew gorgoroths message ahead of time...

*sigh* this is just a sad day, people are pathetic
~gR~

Wolfenmond said:
taken from smnnews.com

"A prosecutor in Poland has launched an investigation into whether a concert by the black metal band GORGOROTH has breached the country's law protecting religion. The Norwegian band are suspected of having sent a hateful and offensive message with their performance Sunday (Feb. 1) at the Krakow studios of Polish Television.

The show, which was to be filmed for an upcoming DVD, featured two naked women (with hoods over their heads) and one naked man, all of them "crucified" and covered in sheep blood, a number of sheep heads on spikes and sheep entrails thrown all over the stage, as well as approximately 80 liters of fresh sheep blood. During the performance, which was attended by an audience of 300, one of the models reportedly fainted from the lack of oxygen. The TV show's producers, who were not briefed in advance about the nature of the concert, were said to "shocked" by the activities on stage. The manager of the studio, Andrzej Jeziorek, notified the police and the recorded footage was confiscated by the authorities as evidence of a possible crime.

Find pictures and videos from the show at this location: [url="http://www.teppah.prv.pl/"]http://www.teppah.prv.pl/[/url] and [url="http://student.ae.poznan.pl/~teppah...kow_01-02-2004/"]http://student.ae.poznan.pl/~teppah...kow_01-02-2004/[/url]

"Total chaos after the live recording in Krakow, Poland. The local police have confiscated the video tapes of the gig, and are currently investigating for a possible prosecution."
They will play here in Brasil in march!!!!!

The photos of Carpathian Forest's "Theatre of Horror" are more "horrific" for me...

Wolfenmond said:
taken from smnnews.com

The TV crew, who had filmed various metal performances before (including those by CANNIBAL CORPSE, CHILDREN OF BODOM and ANATHEMA, among others), claimed in the Polish media that they had never seen anything quite as "horrific" as GORGOROTH's live show. "We were not repulsed, we were terrified!" the camera operators were quoted as saying by the Polish newspapers.

The concert promoters reportedly defended themselves by saying that all the people who came to watch the show were satisfied and none of them complained about having had their religious beliefs offended in any way."

Find pictures and videos from the show at this location: [url]http://www.teppah.prv.pl/[/url] and [url]http://student.ae.poznan.pl/~teppah...kow_01-02-2004/[/url]

They weren't smart enough, then. One little Baphomet stuck up somewhere in plain view, and they could've used that same law to protect themselves.

All I can say is that it's the same old censorship bullshit common from any fucking religion or conservative fucks all over the world... Go Gorgoroth, I wish I was there, it would've been an amazing show! Hah... the camera men didn't know what they were getting into! Beautiful!

AllWithinMyMonster said:
what a bunch of idiots. Fuck gaygoroth
:err: That's not the point. Your opinion of the show has no relevance whatsoever upon this topic.

Anyway...This is total bullshit in every way conceivable. I am sure taht none of the fans who actually paid to see the performance were "horrified." Give me a break. It is not like they hurt anybody or anything. I have no tolerance for pettiness. :yell:

AllWithinMyMonster said:
what a bunch of idiots. Fuck gaygoroth
Check this:

"When Gorgoroth played in Cali, colombia, one of the things Gaahl (and Frost, who was playing drums for Gorgoroth at the time) asked for, was for 14 year old boys. Because, according to him , homosexuality and pedophilia is so frowned upon by xian morals, that it was the best way for him to feel a true blasphemer."

Profano said:
Check this:

"When Gorgoroth played in Cali, colombia, one of the things Gaahl (and Frost, who was playing drums for Gorgoroth at the time) asked for, was for 14 year old boys. Because, according to him , homosexuality and pedophilia is so frowned upon by xian morals, that it was the best way for him to feel a true blasphemer."
I think this is one of many rumors made up to denigrate frost and gaahl since there are many people who dislike the changes in both bands styles...

taken of other forum:

"Well, let's see....

I went to see the show and talked with Frost and Gaahl
after the gig. Their tour namager asked the promoters
where could he find young boys, to satisfy some
member's sexual needs. That's a fact, I was there...

Gaahl stayed in Cali, Colombia, for a whole week, and
man, did he have fun with those little kids (well, not
so little, about 14-16 year old boys). Plus he didn't
give a fuck about what other people thought, and one
of the reasons he gave was that he was free of the
xian views against homosexuality, hat he enjoyed
sexual pleasure any way he pleased. In fact, he
doesn't deny it. He admits it.

And to those who might criticize him, as some people
did over here, he just considered them as "still
enslaved by the jewish dogma of the Cursed Nazarene"
and gave examples about the cultural elite in Ancient
Greek and Rome, where many of the senators and army
officers were openly bisexual. I had the chance to
speak with him about the subject, and he asked "did
you know that one of the main reasons why the soldiers
in Ancient Greece went into battle and fighted with no
fear of death, was because they were homosexuals?"
when I asked him why was that, he said "Well, because
they couldn't tolerate that their lovers saw them as
cowards, so they gave the best example of their
bravety when they were in battle"

Anyways, he does not deny it. If you ever have the
chance to meet Gaahl... ask him. And see his reaction.
He sees the rampant homophobia in BM scene as a
remanent of the Xian background of its "followers".

Makes you think, doesn't it?"