Got Nickelback? (Real drums inside)

Melb_shredder

Orpheus: Melodic Death
Mar 9, 2008
Melbourne
Hey guys! Tested out a new studio today hopefully to become my new GO TO joint for Drums. I don't really need anything special, I usually sample replace most of the 'metal' stuff I do. But here is a clip of Nickelback - Animals we did earlier today.

Kick is 20% Augmented by it's OWN sample and the Snare is 15% Augmented by it's OWN sample and Slate Z11a at -6db. The rest is completely natural, managed to get a Room mic in there too! It's just a quick job, but I'm happy with the potential of the place.

Enjoy :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/306055/Nickelback - Animals NATURAL.mp3

That's pretty damn impressive sounding!!! PROPS! What kind of widening trickery is on the guitars though? I've been trying to figure out how to do that.

@Taylor - cheers dude, will do. I'm used to the more dense metal mixes I do so I thinned them out a bit much. :)
@ourloaf - no widening trickery at all haha. 2 instances of Lecto and both eq'd to hell and back :p also, both guitars are eq'd separately, not on a bus :)

Cheers guys! I'll be trying it out on my next project soon and see how well it ends up work for a proper mix etc :)
So far though im pretty keen on it :)

^^ I find that it does make a difference, but generally I don't go for a whOle different tone, just the nuances of both not being the exact same seems to make it sound a little thicker and different that's all :)

I don't always do it, on rOck stuff I wil, on the faster metal stuff not really

Hey man, I think it sounds great!!!

Is there any way that you could upload the raw tracks or the stems of this song? I'm a singer and I really want to improve my mixing skills and I want to test how my voice sounds when I sing in Nickelback-style... :D

Cheers ;)