Goth Rock

It's probably pretty obvious from my signature that I am a Sisters of Mercy fan. I enjoy The Cure as well.

As Far as Christian Death are concerned, they only have one good album which is Only Theatre of Pain.

The only Goth Rock that is remotely good is Fields and they aren't very good either. Most of it totally sucks sorry guys. ;)

As Far as Christian Death are concerned, they only have one good album which is Only Theatre of Pain.

If you can stomach Rozz Williams' performance on that album (I can't). While Valor Kand eventually made a complete mockery of the band, I honestly think Atrocities and The Wind Kissed Pictures are both very worthwhile and I like them better than Only Theatre, though that obviously was a far more influential album. I just never feel like actually listening to it.

My favourite gothic rock album is still Elizium by Fields of the Nephilim. I like pretty much all the classics, Sisters, The Cure, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, etc.

That is definitely their best album, aside from that some other stuff is alright though.

And I really like Rozz' performance on that album. My only complaint is lyrically, how they're often written in that pretentious poetic sort of manner.

I like most the bands mentioned. The Cure, Sisters of Mercy, Siousxie, Christian Death (with Rozz only). Katatonia is my favorite band of all time, and they're kinda/sorta goth rock, with metal. Like The Cure gone metal. Also Alien Sex Fiend, Peter Murphy (vocalist of Bauhaus)-"Cascades" is a masterpiece. The Cruxshadows.

I like most the bands mentioned. The Cure, Sisters of Mercy, Siousxie, Christian Death (with Rozz only). Katatonia is my favorite band of all time, and they're kinda/sorta goth rock, with metal. Like The Cure gone metal. Also Alien Sex Fiend, Peter Murphy (vocalist of Bauhaus)-"Cascades" is a masterpiece. The Cruxshadows.

To me the Cruxshadows have always seemed like the darkwave/goth equivalent to the backstreet boys. :p

To me the Cruxshadows have always seemed like the darkwave/goth equivalent to the backstreet boys. :p

:) I don't disagree. But I still like them. They have a couple really good songs. "Regrets", "Marilyn, My Bitterness"... Just good stuff. They're my little guilty pleasure. Or one of them anyway.

Heh, I guess I don't have anything against them, it's just all that comes to mind when I think of them. Also, according to Sean Brennan (London After Midinght) the Cruxshadows' tour manager has ripped off Sean before and owes LAM thousands of dollars.

Heh, I guess I don't have anything against them, it's just all that comes to mind when I think of them. Also, according to Sean Brennan (London After Midinght) the Cruxshadows' tour manager has ripped off Sean before and owes LAM thousands of dollars.

Really? You have a link to that? That blows. Cuz LAM is way way better. From tours I'm guessing?

Really? You have a link to that? That blows. Cuz LAM is way way better. From tours I'm guessing?

Sean frequents the messageboard on his site. He has made numerous mentions of it there. I believe it was from a U.S. tour from summer 2007 or 2008 (not sure if that's the only tour though). Sean is a very honest and sincere person so I believe him when he says things like this.

Sean frequents the messageboard on his site. He has made numerous mentions of it there. I believe it was from a U.S. tour from summer 2007 or 2008 (not sure if that's the only tour though). Sean is a very honest and sincere person so I believe him when he says things like this.

Yeah he does seem pretty honest. That sucks though. Maybe the Cruxshadows should be careful themselves. Wonder if he took legal action?

Yeah he does seem pretty honest. That sucks though. Maybe the Cruxshadows should be careful themselves. Wonder if he took legal action?

There was recently a thread on his messageboard that was full of drama with some psychotic fan accusing him of silly things, and he touched on the Cruxshadows situation a few times, since a thread on that band was brought up in the thread. This quote was in response to what someone had said to him, he implies that he didn't take legal action against them:

"Cruxshadows still works with the booking manager who ripped us off. So they obviously weren't ripped off and lied to like LAM was. I have warned everyone I can about this person. So hopefully I have helped other bands avoid what we have to deal with. And I explained why "prosecuting the asshole" was more trouble than it was worth. If you want to take on that project and sue them for me, go right ahead."

There was recently a thread on his messageboard that was full of drama with some psychotic fan accusing him of silly things, and he touched on the Cruxshadows situation a few times, since a thread on that band was brought up in the thread. This quote was in response to what someone had said to him, he implies that he didn't take legal action against them:

Interesting. Thank you for sharing this with me. I had no idea about any of that.

I recently checked out Brazilian group Plastique Noir's new album Dead Pop. It's a great album, with elements of deathrock, goth, post-punk etc. :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B88BhyeWJVI&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: