Any one like goth rock?

Killbot_Mk.2

Goat raping salaminizer
Nov 25, 2005
Moncton. New Brunswick
I'm talkin about old school sisters of mercy, The cure, Skinny Puppy and The mission UK. I can't get enough of this stuff and I want to see if there are fans out there.

love love love love The Cure, Sisters of Mercy are pretty sweet. Joy Division if you consider them as such.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
Fuck yeah! :kickass:
Sisters of Mercy, Alien Sex Fiend, The Cult's first few albums (before they became straight forward rock), Christian Death, Southern Death Cult, and even Marilyn Manson are all great.
Marilyn Manson? I hope you're joking.

You people are listing some great bands, but don't forget Bauhaus, Christian Death, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Dead Can Dance, Cinema Strange, Fields of the Nephilim, sic ad nauseum. By the way, some of you may like to know that genuine "gothic" is referred to as "darkwave" or "deathrock".

newBLACKways said:
feilds of the napalem
Fields of the Nephilim. :rolleyes: They're pretty cool. I like Christian Death too. Don't know much else.

Sisters of Mercy is a great band but bands like Skinny Puppy and The Cure are misunderstood and are not Goth Rock. I stated this in the other thread but I figured I mention it here.

Anyway my favorite goth band is The Sisters of Mercy as well as Southern Death Cult (The Cult). Great Goth Rock bands.

Sopor Aeternus and the Ensemble of Shadows, Alien Sex Fiend, Sex Gang Children, Cinema Strange, Switchblade Symphony, Specimen, Voodoo Church, 45 Grave, Bauhaus*, Christian Death, and Siouxsie and the Banshees.

*Anyone else find it strange that Bauhaus recently opened for Nine Inch Nails?

P.S. I fucking hate The Cure.

LadyValerie said:
That's the way it goes. Just like Destruction opening for Vader, though Vader are awesome.

LadyValerie said:
Sopor Aeternus and the Ensemble of Shadows, Alien Sex Fiend, Sex Gang Children, Cinema Strange, Switchblade Symphony, Specimen, Voodoo Church, 45 Grave, Bauhaus*, Christian Death, and Siouxsie and the Banshees.

P.S. I fucking hate The Cure.
:cry: