Grand Conjuration inspiration?

Summary:
Thanks for your time Lucifer. You were a great help, and you didn't smell too bad.
Now, don't mess with me anymore or I will smite you with the "blasting rod" of Jahova.

ok, I just skimmed.

edit: I love the part "To make one dance completely naked"
cool read.

Very interesting. How the heck did you find that?!
And I'll admit, I'm going to go listen to "Grand Conjuration" right now and see if I can hear Mikael whispering, 'Melinda.' haha.

Very interesting. How the heck did you find that?!
And I'll admit, I'm going to go listen to "Grand Conjuration" right now and see if I can hear Mikael whispering, 'Melinda.' haha.

Google is pretty awesome! I had to sift through all the links to the song, of course. I was actually trying to figure out if there was a band or album called Grand Conjuration (I keep finding that more and more of Opeth's song titles come from other bands--names, titles, lyrics, etc.). I actually came across a different document first that only summarized the Grand Grimoire, and merely listed the Grand Conjuartion as the last of the conjurations. So I expanded my search to be "Grand Conjuration Magic". I still had to sift, but I eventually found this. Pretty cool reading, I think. Mike said he went through a lot of Anna's books while writing GR... she must have something about this ceremony, because it is, as far as I can tell, the ONLY Grand Conjuration in all of magic (?). It makes me appreciate TGC a bit more now. I always thought "Grand" was a kind of odd adjective to use, but knowing now that it actually comes from something else, it makes sense.

I enjoyed how Mike used 'grand' instead of 'great,' which is way to overused.

It's taken directly from the Grand Grimoire as translated, I believe, by the occultist Eliphas Levi. So, it wasn't his choice touse "Grand", per se. It was the translator (from the French).

"Grand" usually sounds gay, but oddly enough in the case of "The Grand Conjuration" it sounds way better than great. This is really strange.