grand conjuration video

demonchris

New Metal Member
Oct 8, 2005
hey who's doing the clean vocals on the grand conjuration video? it sure doesn't sound like mikael. sorry if this question was already asked but i still don't know.

Yes, the video is weak. I don't know if it is because I don't like the song that much or due to the edited version.

Maybe I don't think this song represents well what Opeth is. Maybe a video for Ghost Of Perdition would be better. Someone told me that she has an edited version.

Really dump Vid... Every Limp Bikit Video makes more sense than this. Or is it so genial, that I was to dump to understand the big philosophie behind it?:zzz:

demonchris said:
hey who's doing the clean vocals on the grand conjuration video? it sure doesn't sound like mikael. sorry if this question was already asked but i still don't know.

Come on dude....:zombie:

The video sucked. Majorly.

Next time Opeth does a video, if at all, show shots of Mendez throughout the heavy scenes.... He looks awesome when he headbangs

Not only is it a stupid video, but I feel it could hurt Opeth. Think about someone who keeps hearing about Opeth and how amazing they are, and then the video comes on. It just doesn't live up to the hype and this person might be turned off from Opeth. And the people who do enjoy the video and are persuaded to check out more of Opeth's music might not like it because it has nothing to do with that video.

I actually liked the video, and it made me appreciate the song a little more (It is the weakest song on the record, might as well watch the band perform it, Hoglan included). It's not like Opeth is going to be on MTV, it doesnt matter how rediculous Roadrunner will attempt to market them. At least Opeth has the upper hand in this deal, being able to tour with handpicked bands (Evergrey wouldve been nice) instead of 3rd string RR openers. Look what RR attempted to do with Nightwish. Maybe "popularity" will lead to newer reissues of the old, so everyone can enjoy the legacy of Opeth.

probably not, because I expect most newer opeth fans (the ones who listened to slipknot, etc. previously) will never like the orchid/morningrise stuff.

steel102 said:
probably not, because I expect most newer opeth fans (the ones who listened to slipknot, etc. previously) will never like the orchid/morningrise stuff.

the first "metal"(for lack of a better word to describe slipknot) cd i got was their latest last year. i've moved on from that crap and i hate it now. I have all Opeth albums except still life, and i love them all.

LadyValerie said:
the first "metal"(for lack of a better word to describe slipknot) cd i got was their latest last year. i've moved on from that crap and i hate it now. I have all Opeth albums except still life, and i love them all.

Get Still Life now!

lol.. i loved slipknot when they first came out.. loved nu-metal as a whole. Then i realised how awful they actually are :D

..yeh.. from what i know.. it's all mikael for the vocals.

FUBAR said:
Get Still Life now!

I haven't had the time to. Plus whever I do, the record store I go to (that I used to work at) doesn't have it. They'll have everything but Still Life. I have The Moor on my computer, and it's kickass :cool: