gwynbleidd_reh_1vox = The 1st Grand Conjuration?

Mar 2, 2004
Pooland
Now I don't mean to promote leaked material or whatever but I thought obviously here would be the best place to seek answers.

Reading a few interviews I remember Mikael speaking of The Grand Conjuration and how it was completely different (and supposedly more technical) then the current version.

Do any of you remember at the highest point of GR speculation a file called gwynbleidd_reh_1vox.mp3 ? It's abundantly clear it sounds like Opeth. It was simply an amazing piece even though apparently it was just a leak from a rehearsal room. It was actually the thing that got me intrested in the news of GR. But to my dismay it wasn't on the album.

So was it The Grand Conjuration in first form? If so will Opeth release it do you think? (I hope so!) Or is it a completely different band altogether?

I'm pretty sure that someone here ended up recognizing that "leak" as some rare 70's shit... and I think they said it was part of Harlequin Forest. We might be talking about different "leaks" though.

Julian Zembrowski said:
Now I don't mean to promote leaked material or whatever but I thought obviously here would be the best place to seek answers.

Reading a few interviews I remember Mikael speaking of The Grand Conjuration and how it was completely different (and supposedly more technical) then the current version.

Do any of you remember at the highest point of GR speculation a file called gwynbleidd_reh_1vox.mp3 ? It's abundantly clear it sounds like Opeth. It was simply an amazing piece even though apparently it was just a leak from a rehearsal room. It was actually the thing that got me intrested in the news of GR. But to my dismay it wasn't on the album.

So was it The Grand Conjuration in first form? If so will Opeth release it do you think? (I hope so!) Or is it a completely different band altogether?

Damn.... insanely interesting. good luck finding the file, i wouldn't mind hearing it :O

Hey,

wow, what a thread!
I'm glad someone liked the piece, be it compared to the amazing Opeth or not. The said piece will be part of "Amaranthine EP" due to surface some time in 2006. Wish I could have more for you.... hang tight

cheers,

M.

so here is the news regarding the band behind this track:

"Gwynbleidd, a new dark/aggressive/progressive metal project based in New York City, has set June 6th 2006 as the release date for its debut Amaranthine EP.

Amaranthine EP features four tracks, just under 40 minutes of thematicaly conceptual and diverse metal music, and is divided into two parts - each foreshadowing a planned release. The tracklist includes "Nostalgia", "New Setting", "The Awakening" (clip 2) and "Lure of the Land" titles. (click on song to download mp3 clip). The project has been mastered by Grammy nominated mastering engineer Alan Silverman of Arf! Digital studios.

The artwork for the EP has been conceived by Spina Studios (www.spinaonline.com) and can be viewed here.

Recently, Gwynbleidd has performed select shows in the New York City area, and is now looking to reach out across the North American continent. The project hopes that Amaranthine EP will be the key in securing the proper label and management interest. For any additional information please write to info@gwynbleidd.com.

Amaranthine EP will be immediately available through band website (www.gwynbleidd.com) starting with June 6th, 2006."

I bet the original version of The Grand Conjuration had more soul like the compositions on Deliverance. :)

Omg! The flames burn my skin.. :( It's probably true though. It would have been great to hear it. Mikael A. should record the riffs from it and pop them on the site as some bonus material or something.

The production (double bass sound among other things) and the vocals leave a bit to be desired but they have a promising sound!

and what does it matter if a band would have parts that are similar to opeth? after a certain amount of influenses from a band i bet all of your bands would partly sound like opeth...
opeth partly sounds like many bands... and can you really steel a music style? like there isn´t a thousand bands that sound like children of bodom