The rip of "The Grand Conjuration"

Opeth.com

Apr 22, 2001
www.opeth.com
As you know is has been a leak of "The grand conjuration". The forum dosen´t support this at all and every attempt to spread new Opeth material will be removed and the user/member will be giving a warning.

Opeth wants you to hear the new material the right way not from some crappy mp3. "Ghost reveries" is a great production and listen to it in mp3 format just dosen´t make it justice.

//Anna

I wouldn't blame the fans here too harshly for it-- with all the anticipation of the new album it was bound to happen. The problem is with the radio station/DJ that played it...

What's funny is that Opeth's own record label was spreading it.

To anyone (gunhaver) who heard it on the radio -- was the quality better then, or was it lost in the rip?

Opeth.com said:
As you know is has been a leak of "The grand conjuration". The forum dosen´t support this at all and every attempt to spread new Opeth material will be removed and the user/member will be giving a warning.

Opeth wants you to hear the new material the right way not from some crappy mp3. "Ghost reveries" is a great production and listen to it in mp3 format just dosen´t make it justice.

//Anna

Amen.

saut said:
What's funny is that Opeth's own record label was spreading it.

To anyone (gunhaver) who heard it on the radio -- was the quality better then, or was it lost in the rip?

I don't have the rip or ever heard it, but I can tell you that when I heard Grand Conjuration on satellite radio the production was real good.

Well, I'll be looking forward to the streaming release on the 19th in any case. It's good to know that Opeth feel that the quality of the rip was detracting from the music, which makes me think this song is a lot better than most people having been giving it credit for.

If Opeth doesn't want our first impresion ruined by crappy quality, the radio station shoudln't be allowed to broadcast it in the first place.
I can understand that Opeth doesn't like this (hell, in their place I would too) and its their forum so they can pretty much decide all they want on this, but there's nothing illegal on spreading something thats already been broadcasted once. In most (democratic) countries it is know as the "right to quote", and it's been used by pretty much all journalistic media in existence.

Offcoarse, internet forums are not democracies since their privatly owned :Spin:

Brains for breakfast said:
there's nothing illegal on spreading something thats already been broadcasted once
Heh, I don't know about that. If that were true you shouldn't it be legal to download any song that was ever played on the radio?