New Songs "DISCUSSION ONLY" thread

Mr Samsara

Misanthropic Moderator
Jul 9, 2004
Carrying a Burden Inside
The Grand Conjuration, Ghost of Perdition, Ghost Reveries in general... have at it. Those who have been lucky enough to hear it, share what you think. This is the Official Opeth message board and as such must not be used to openly distribute and spread leaked material. Please share your thoughts as fans both positive and negative, but let's keep it to a single thread and absolutely link free. This is the only managable way to comply with the wishes of the band that brought us here in the first place.

Thanks

Opeth Forum Team:devil:

Ghost of Perdition brought back my excitement for this album. It has all the classic elements of an Opeth song plus new stylistic additions which only broaden and enhance Opeth's music. The almost neo-folk interlude is one example of this, and proves that Per's place in the band is not a detrimental one. Mikael's clean and death vocals are as strong and powerful as ever, and the overall feel that the song gives out is amazing.

I can't wait for Ghost Reveries.

As I said in the other thread, any song in Deliverance beats TGC. But GOP is likely to be better than any song in Deliverance. I just need more time to confirm it.

Mr Samsara said:
The Grand Conjuration, Ghost of Perdition, Ghost Reveries in general... have at it. Those who have been lucky enough to hear it, share what you think. This is the Official Opeth message board and as such must not be used to openly distribute and spread leaked material.

The band's label making it freely available on the internet = leaked :confused:

Strangely enough, the 4:22 - 4:52 part (on GoP) reminds me alot of Winds music, especially with the vocal department.

7:06, The Provenance??

R0l0 said:
listen to Tool - Lateralus (song) 4:11-4:24, it's like they almost stole the riff.

this coming from the guy who posted nude boys in the other thread...

You are right, the riff is indeed very similar, but I think it's totally different in the context of the song.

Tool sucks, if they stuck to making music and not being all "no image", all would be good. Sure it sounds like Tool, and I thought that when i first heard it. But because opeth are actually (not just pretending) in it just for the music, its better.

Arnold Layne said:
Tool sucks, if they stuck to making music and not being all "no image", all would be good. Sure it sounds like Tool, and I thought that when i first heard it. But because opeth are actually (not just pretending) in it just for the music, its better.

what the fuck are you talking about