New Songs "DISCUSSION ONLY" thread

well fuck...its a new thread, so i have to say it again. 4:53 to 5:5whatever is one of the greatest opeth sections ever...its...i dunno...beautiful, twisted...etc...

Arnold Layne said:
Tool sucks, if they stuck to making music and not being all "no image", all would be good. Sure it sounds like Tool, and I thought that when i first heard it. But because opeth are actually (not just pretending) in it just for the music, its better.

tool is alright im not their greatest fan by any means but geez..
don't you think that you should just worry about their music? If you like it then good.. if you don't then also good, but saying that opeth are in it for the music and tool aren't is crazy, and makes me think you care about image more than you like to let on....

Ghost of Perdition rules so fucking hard. I didn't want to admit even to myself that I was a little worried when I heard TGC, but my hopes have totally been restored. Holy shit!

Bored said:
where the hell can i hear ghost of perdition!?@@!?@!@?

If you hunt long enough you'll find it.

There may or may not be links in the blabbermouth.net comments section regarding the new songs.

jeanreno said:
If you aren't smart enough to find it on your own, don't ruin this DISCUSSION THREAD by posting about it.
sorry i did look and i checcked online too .. i would liek to discuss it too :erk..

WestHammer said:
tool is alright im not their greatest fan by any means but geez..
don't you think that you should just worry about their music? If you like it then good.. if you don't then also good, but saying that opeth are in it for the music and tool aren't is crazy, and makes me think you care about image more than you like to let on....

Probably, I saw tool live Maynard dressed like a fool for most of the show. I saw APC he hid behind a curtain. This years april fools joke was gay, if they spent as much time being clever as they did making music all would be fine. Their gimmick is being anonamous, but it just gets in the way of the music in the end. I was a big fan, but got sick of the bullshit that surrounds them and thier music.

^ But as long as the music is good, who cares? Maybe if Opeth jumped around like monkeys in their live show I wouldn't appreciate them as much, but that won't take away from me enjoying their albums...

Apprentice's Master said:
I need to stop listening to GOP...But I can't. :(
haha i'm doin the same thing :yell: i can't help ittt the more i listen to it, the more i pick up little things within the song.

i attempted at typin up the lyrics, but i can't understand half of it o_O so i sorta quit lol any ideas?

Haven't been following the previous discussion, but does anyone else think Ghost of Perdition could've come straight from Still Life? Especially around 5:00. Kinda hard to hear from the mp3 I have though, which I assume to be a rip from the street team stream, the overall production sounds similar as well. I'm not to fond of the clean vocals at around 5:56 though. Doesn't sound like Opeth at all. Maybe that was the point though.

I orgasm when I hear Tool. Their music is so great.. that I don't care about their pretentious, immature attitude/image.

And I didn't hear GoP so I'm really not exactly sure why I even bothered to post... : /

This song is excellent. The only thing I'm not sure if I like yet is the fast paced clean singing Mike's doing. Other than that, this song is awesome. I love love love how the electric guitar comes back in at the end of the first acoustic part.