Sirius Conjuration

Miller High Death

Forest Metal
Mar 19, 2004
Daytona Beach, FL
I don't know how many of you out there have sirius satellite radio, but if you were lucky enough to be listening to Hard Attack last night around 8 p.m est you would be lucky enough to experience "The Grand Conjuration" off of the new album Ghost Reveries. If this track is any indication of the whole album then I can definately say that Opeth are not stuck in a rut of writing very similar albums. The keyboards came out real creepy like, and I think It'll take me a little time to decide if I like keyboards in their songs. Mikael does some clean vocals here that are very different than ever before. They weren't beautiful at all and I can only assume they were used for dramatic effect in the song. The death vox were very brutal, along the lines of Deliverance and Bloodbath. Much of the guitar riffs were very progressive sounding, kinda stop and go like Meshuggah and some of the riffs kinda reminded me of My Arms Your Hearse. Lopez once again has a nice drum sound, the bass drums sound as superb as they did on Deliverance. My overall reaction is that this album is not going to dissapoint, and will take a long time to totally get into because there is a lot going on, especially with the keyboard element now present. Amy S. from Sirius who works for roadrunner said that Ghost Reveries is planned for a release the first week of September.

Ahhhh! I need to get Sirius.
I can pnly imagine the greatness of this song. I've always felt this album will bethe next MAYH/SL, but heavier...just as it was described.
*Orgasms*:yell::oops:
*Slits wrist*

fuck fuck fuck!!! wait...i'm going to wait...*taps fingers*....no, my ex g/f has sirius...i wonder if they will be playing it again soon? its time to make up!

Holy shit! Life is unfair!!!!!

*Off to newsgroups, irc, and soulseek!

TehLeperAffinity said:
How the hell did they get the song?

Sirus radio has the album because their disc jockey Amy S. is an employee of Roadrunner Records. Maybe she has to take it home when she leaves the station, but they played it last night. I just hope they put it on regular rotation because I need more!

I think this might mean that a leak is imminent. *Soils trousers*

Looking for a Job said:
god i'm listening to sirius now. they just played lamb of god and the guy's like "okay we have a band right now who's on the SOTU tour with gord. they're really good, and they have a new album coming out..." omg i was so ready to hit record!!1 but it's clutch :erk:

did you get wood? :hotjump:

Looking for a Job said:
god i'm listening to sirius now. they just played lamb of god and the guy's like "okay we have a band right now who's on the SOTU tour with gord. they're really good, and they have a new album coming out..." omg i was so ready to hit record!!1 but it's clutch :erk:

That's what I thought.

sirius plays quite a few songs a month before they are to be released, so i would expect them to play another song from GR again :eek: