Grand Morbid Resurrection 2018

This guitar tone requires better drums and certainly a better vocalist. It's a fucking mess...

Fucking hell guys you're killing my hope. Thankfully there are a few more releases today:
Unleashed - The Hunt for White Christ
Cryptopsy - The Book of Suffering - Tome II
Warrel Dane - Shadow Work

Hate Eternal - Upon Desolate Sands
:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

:kickass::kickass:

And in the next 3 weeks we get Sadist, Arsis, Psycroptic and SIGH :kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:
:kickass:

Last edited:
So far I think I will eventually like it more than GMF, sound is massive indeed. Don't think it drowns out the riffs, I can easily follow them. Nick's performance is a lot better than on GMF too, he sounds much more confident.

But of course, UTP/TFM puts this to shame, like it does everything.

Reactions: nizzon
Last edited:
It has grown a little bit on me tho. Warhead Ritual is pretty damn good.
Wayward Samaritan also has an awesome opening riff, but that song totally falls apart when the vocals kicks in, turns to a complete mess.

Last edited:
"The lack of attention in the songwriting department reminds me of my least favorite Bloodbath album “The Fathomless Mastery”."

:yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell:
GTFO!
TFM is the opposite to lack of attention!!! I do also however hear some similarities here and there, no way near as good tho.
And a little note... the name Deader is taken from the 7th Hellraiser-film.

Managed to agree with you and piss you off at the same time. Score <3

I see no difference in vocals except for the production, in UTP it seemed more "spacious" and in the front (yea, Im good at explaining shit), whilst in TFM it blended more with the rest of the music.

It has grown a little bit on me tho. Warhead Ritual is pretty damn good.
Wayward Samaritan also has an awesome opening riff, but that song totally falls apart when the vocals kicks in, turns to a complete mess.
Warhead Ritual is my favorite track for sure.

"Others harken back to the blastbeat fury of “Nightmares Made Flesh”."

Not sure if this is a compliment or criticism. But NMF is probably my favorite Bloodbath album, and I definitely love the parts that are a throwback to NMF.

I also agree that Bæst delivered a better Bloodbath album than Bloodbath themselves. Doesn't stop me from liking taosid as well though.

On a sidenote, I'm not sure if it's confirmation bias, but I now agree that the production is sub-par. I'm usually very picky about production quality and didn't have anything too bad to say about it on the first few listens (probably because I was too mesmerized by that fat fucking guitar sound). Drums sound kind of drowned out, probably on purpose because the new drummer isn't as good.

Last edited:
I liked TFM as well. I think every Bloodbath was pure quality up until GMF.

I acknowledge Mikael's vocals were delivered slightly different on TFM, but it's was still a solid performance. The main technique he used through the album combined kind of a more low register shout type growl with his usual style. So it's not like it was totally different, he just introduced a slightly different element to his voice for whatever reason. Overall it works because his voice was still strong, and he did still break into his traditional style sometimes, especially on emphasized words and growls.

I think it was a bad technique though because TFM seems to be the album that blew his voice out.

I still have not listened to Grand Morbid Resurrection, but I don't really consider it a priority listen with Nick involved. I'll get around to it at some point, but I already know it has a major handicap. Even if the songwriting were flawed, a great on-point vocalist could have elevated it, but Nick's arrangements and weak delivery do nothing to help the band.