Graph Tech Piezo

EffigyForgotten

New Metal Member
May 22, 2012
Minas Morgul
Okay, quick question, say I put a graph tech piezo system on my guitar, would I have to switch channels from my gain channel to get the piezo clean sound? And how could I add effects to it?

To get a decent clean sound out of my amp, I have to roll the volume on my neck pickup to 6 and then almost double the volume I was playing before because if I don't the cleans get a bassy, buzzy sound that is totally unplayable, I want to be able to flick a switch and have a clean sound... Maybe I just need a amp with more headroom?

Piezos are more for a pseudo-acoustic kind of sound, rather than a straight up clean, tbh. Does your amp have a seperate EQ for the clean channel? Why not just EQ out that bassiness? Or maybe try a different neck pickup?

Piezos are more for a pseudo-acoustic kind of sound, rather than a straight up clean, tbh. Does your amp have a seperate EQ for the clean channel? Why not just EQ out that bassiness? Or maybe try a different neck pickup?
The bass is completely off, with the treble all the way up, and presence maxed as well. And I know piezos aren't the same as a regular "clean" sound, more like an acoustic, but could I still add effects like chorus/delay to it?

He doesn't have a piezo setup though. He's saying currently he has this bass issue with his normal pickups when trying to do cleans.

He doesn't have a piezo setup though. He's saying currently he has this bass issue with his normal pickups when trying to do cleans.
Omg you can read... :erk:

Seems like nobody can help with my question I really would like to know about this "say I put a graph tech piezo system on my guitar, would I have to switch channels from my gain channel to get the piezo clean sound? And how could I add effects to it?"

Seems like nobody can help with my question I really would like to know about this "say I put a graph tech piezo system on my guitar, would I have to switch channels from my gain channel to get the piezo clean sound? And how could I add effects to it?"
It works like a regular pickup. You still have to switch channels, else it'll sound like gash, and you can still run it through pedals/whatever you use for effects.

But what I'm trying to get at is that a piezo won't solve your problem, it sounds like it's a problem with your amp/cab.

My mistake. No matter what pickup you use you'll need to be on a clean channel to actually get a clean tone and not just a "less dirty" tone. There is nothing magic about piezos.
The blackstar is capable of good clean tones and has separate EQ for clean vs OD channels so unless I'm still not understanding I think you may just need to read your manual and/or buy a footswitch.

My mistake. No matter what pickup you use you'll need to be on a clean channel to actually get a clean tone and not just a "less dirty" tone. There is nothing magic about piezos.
The blackstar is capable of good clean tones and has separate EQ for clean vs OD channels so unless I'm still not understanding I think you may just need to read your manual and/or buy a footswitch.
Like I said to get an clean sound that it isn't bassy/boomy/muddy w/e I have to turn the bass all the way down on the channel, have the treble maxed and then fuck with my volume setting on the amp and guitar and id rather be able to switch to that with one switch, I ALREADY have a footswitch...

It works like a regular pickup. You still have to switch channels, else it'll sound like gash, and you can still run it through pedals/whatever you use for effects.

But what I'm trying to get at is that a piezo won't solve your problem, it sounds like it's a problem with your amp/cab.
The switching channels is NOT the problem, having to change settings when I SWITCH to the channel is... If I can switch to the clean channel and piezo pickup and not have this bassy/boomy sound then that's what i'm looking for.

Like I said to get an clean sound that it isn't bassy/boomy/muddy w/e I have to turn the bass all the way down on the channel, have the treble maxed and then fuck with my volume setting on the amp and guitar and id rather be able to switch to that with one switch, I ALREADY have a footswitch...
Doesn't that amp have a separate volume and eq for the clean channel?
750-HTSTAGE60C_detail1.jpg

Either I still don't understand what you're asking or something is broken. The other possibility is you're driving the amp way too hard on distorted tones and depending on distortion from the poweramp to get your sound so when switch to clean it's still distorting the poweramp. Not being there it's impossible to know.

BTW, this is what you asked:
I really would like to know about this "say I put a graph tech piezo system on my guitar, would I have to switch channels from my gain channel to get the piezo clean sound?
That certainly suggests that you expect a clean tone without changing amp channels.

The switching channels is NOT the problem, having to change settings when I SWITCH to the channel is... If I can switch to the clean channel and piezo pickup and not have this bassy/boomy sound then that's what i'm looking for.
That's what I'm saying, if you use the piezo, you still have to change to the clean channel, or you'll just have a piezo with gain on, which will sound shit. What I'm trying to get at, is that a piezo will not be the magical solution to your problem. Your clean channel will still sound shit with the piezo.

Doesn't that amp have a separate volume and eq for the clean channel?
750-HTSTAGE60C_detail1.jpg

Either I still don't understand what you're asking or something is broken. The other possibility is you're driving the amp way too hard on distorted tones and depending on distortion from the poweramp to get your sound so when switch to clean it's still distorting the poweramp. Not being there it's impossible to know.

BTW, this is what you asked:

That certainly suggests that you expect a clean tone without changing amp channels.
The gain effects the clean channel in no way, and to actually get a decent clean sound I have to turn my volume down on my guitar and up on the AMP MASTER VOLUME, the clean channel volume stays at a certain level, but no matter what its not balanced with the gain channel, maybe ill try fucking with the levels for the channels and not the master volume but I remember it sounding like shit when I did that.

The Graph Tech ghost system is designed to blend the piezo signal with your magnetic signal on a single 1/4" mono output cable, many guys use this not to acheive an authentic acoustic sound, but to get a little more top end and clarity for finger style or tapping parts. In the event you want to have a a clean acoustic sound "at the flick of a switch" you need an amp that has a second discrete channel, or a second amplifier (ideally a PA, acoustic, or keyboard amp), then you connect a stereo "Y" cable to your guitar. One side of the "Y' goes to the mag amp, the other to the PA, then switch away!

For all other inquires, contact Graph Tech directly as we woukd be more than happy to be of service to you. :D