Graspop Metal Meeting Belgium

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
The bands are being confirmed every houre now, in the beginning I didn't like it that much, now some good bands are added to the bill;
(I think about 20 more bands need to be added..)

After Forever
Armored Saint :hotjump:
Leatherwolf :hotjump:
Y&T :hotjump:
Nile
Bullet For my Valentine :yuk:
Deicide
Soulfly
Satyricon
Dragonforce
Edguy
Ensiferum
Cradle of Filth :yuk:
Evergrey :hotjump:
Gathering, the
Helloween
Michael Schenker Group
Moonspell
My Dying Bride
Exodus :hotjump:
Opeth
Saxon :hotjump:
Whitesnake
Motorhead :hotjump:
Guns & Roses :yuk: :yuk:

carnut said:
Armored Saint
Helloween
Saxon
Whitesnake
Motorhead

With only these ones worth the ticket price.

I was mostly interested in Y&T uptill now, I really wanna here their old songs on a big festival like this (last year over 80.000 visitors !!)...Y&T is such a good band, it's a shame they never got any bigger...

carnut said:
The bands are being confirmed every houre now, in the beginning I didn't like it that much, now some good bands are added to the bill;
(I think about 20 more bands need to be added..)

Armored Saint
Leatherwolf
Y&T
Edguy
Ensiferum
Evergrey
Exodus
Saxon
Whitesnake
Motorhead

These are the bands that I would be interested in.

KMADD said:
Other than those girl pant wearing emo glam fags Bullet For My Valentine.
That's a good lineup!

Agreed, I don't get it how bands like that allways seem to put their nose into big Metal festivals.... I must be missing something I think ...

carnut said:
I was mostly interested in Y&T uptill now, I really wanna here their old songs on a big festival like this (last year over 80.000 visitors !!)...Y&T is such a good band, it's a shame they never got any bigger...

Dave Meniketti actually leaves about 10 miles from me (seriously). Y&T plays here all the time. I actually kind of take them for granted these days. Dave also plays solo shows quite often, usually in little bars and clubs (actually, same with Y&T). Just sayin.....

PLEASE READ THIS REPLY !!!

Leatherwolf, has retooled with former Crimson Glory vocalist Wade Black. New samples are available at their website... www.leatherwolfmusic.com. They don't seem to be some 80's band trying to live off of past glory. The new samples have them going in a different direction, and this could be a band to really look out for. This band is also playing the preparty at PPUSA. Check out the sound samples from their site especially, "Behind a Gun."

Bryant

ElectricWiz said:
Dave Meniketti actually leaves about 10 miles from me (seriously). Y&T plays here all the time. I actually kind of take them for granted these days. Dave also plays solo shows quite often, usually in little bars and clubs (actually, same with Y&T). Just sayin.....

When I lived in Santa Clara I'd see him from time to time on El Camino. Saw Y&T a coupla times at that big club down in Campbell. I can't remember the name of it but it had a Harry's Hofbrau right next door. Saw Blue Oyster Cult there a few times too. Killer place for a show other than the big assed banquet tables loading up the joint. :)

New bands added are Korn, Saxon, Stone Sour, Bloodsimple, The Gathering, Eduy, The New York Doll’s, 36 Crazyfists en Alice In Chains...
Cool to see they put all the shitbands together with GnR on Saturday , hahaha, Friday and sunday get the good stuff....

Jon Oliva's Pain is also there... damn I'm seriously considering this festival. It'll cost a pretty penny but I'm afraid Armored Saint and Jon Oliva (or Savatage, if they ever get back together) aren't coming anywhere closer EVER. And I've made it my holy mission to see those bands before they (or I) disappear from the face of the earth.

There's also Helloween, Evergrey, Whitesnake, Leatherwolf, Edguy etc... wow. The only festival that's on the same level this summer is Sweden Rock.

I haven't heard about Jon Oliva on Graspop yet, where did you get that info ? Well, if they do I hope they'll play on Friday.... I'm only attending friday as the other days aren't that interesting to me... Leatherwolf unfortunatly canceled for Graspop but were immediatly replaced by Anvil, wich suits me just fine, great liveband !!