Great gig in Paris!

4Li3N

New Metal Member
Jul 19, 2005
The show was sold out, the place was packed with people and the crowd was crazy about Opeth. Mike was pretty relaxed, talked a bit between the songs and made some funny jokes. The drummer from Bloodbath did an excellent job and in the end when Mike was introducing the band he said that he was chosen because he was costing them really cheap :tickled:

After Blackwater Park and before the Demon encore when the band left the stage the whole place was screaming and cheering so loud and intensely it seemed it was about to explode!

It was my first Opeth show and it really rocked. I'll be sure to come back in December to see them again.

If I had a complain to make it was that the bass was really off the chart in some parts and was drowning some of the soft parts. But at least we heard Mendez play really well :D
Oh, and I though Extol kinda sucked. It's not the kind of music that I enjoy, and aside their drummer who did a commendable job, the rest of the band did not seem like acomplished musicians to say the least :erk:

Yeah, the gig was great and the setlist was ok, actually...i worried a bit about being bored with Deliverance or Drapery Falls for instance but i wasn't...the guy kicked arses, the crowd was crazy and it was Mikael's daughter 1st birthday !!
The only bad point is that we only saw Peter at the end..the other guys saw us but they didn't stop, even to sign quickly something...:erk: which is kinda unusual to them...:err: