Great news!!

In my opinion, living in the US is better if you have plenty of money and can afford all the luxuries it has to offer. There is just no comparison to the quality of life you can have if you can afford it. If you are just an average Joe, Europe may be more to your taste because you can have a better quality of life than many Americans like you who don't earn very much money. Things like free education and health care are greatly appreciated when you don't make a lot of money.

Oh this is so true ^

I used to be a food snob, I still am inside. But, what ya going to do. I used to only drink whole bean, and would never dream of drinking canned coffee. Sigh~ Those were the days! And I never drank tea out of a bag. Now it's canned coffee and Lipton. hahah, whats worse is, I know it sucks!

We all have our guilty pleasures. When I'm out and about late at night after a concert, I really start to miss Denny's or IHOP. Autogrill just doesn't cut it.

We moved away from our IHOP too, I'm going to miss it. IHOP is also one of those places where you can get enough food for lunch and possibly dinner for the next day, all for the same cost as fast food. You really might as well go to IHOP or Denny's if you think about it.

And there has to be someone here that remembers Bobs Big Boy all night breakfast buffet! Out at 3am, it didn't matter it was good and hot.

Yep, we all have favorites that are made from shit haha. I love SPAM! You can make almost anything from it. But I found that SPAM has gotten a little pricey for SPAM, so it's been awhile.

I'm not being 'stuck-up' - I just like what I like- there is nothing wrong with it.
I don't think it has much to do with that fact that I travel a lot or being 'cultured' or that I eat food in different places, I think I just developed a taste that suits me,
and I will not compromise it for anything.
If you think about it: there is nothing wrong with that. In fact I think that if more people would have the same attitude,
then maybe all those fast food joints would actually be better, instead of making food and coffee for the masses that taste like a candle.
If I was a true stuck up I would probably look at you while drinking that shit coffee from McDonald's with a disgusted look as though you were drinking a kitten;
but I don't do that.... It's ok if other people like to do what they like to do, I'm not forcing the world to drink good espresso, or eat quality food (the kind that
doesn't involve a burger that was prepared in 30 seconds)
I just think they are missing out on a lot of good things out there simply because they wouldn't come out of their box.

Now, Chris I see your point, but I think America has so much to offer...
there is nothing that is not within reach here, any culture, any cuisine, any food you may desire- you will be able to find it here....
and I know a lot of people that are very well rounded with food/ drinks or whatever without setting their food outside of the US...
But I see your point.

Anyhoo: coffee anyone? I just roasted a batch.

Well, truth be told you can't really scowl at anyone through words.