Great Show

B

Benny

It was great to see you guys again it's been way too long. I felt weird sitting in the audience watching :p The last time I did that was when you opened for Eric Johnson. You all looked like you were having a good time and I was happy to see that. I thought it was probably one of your best performances.

Everyone played really well and Ted's voice was great as always!
I'll try not to let so much time pass before I see you again.

Take care,

Benny aka Denny

Burke said:
Enchant and EJ on the SAME BILL???.....

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

(what year was that?...)

Hmm?

I think that was before Blueprint came out.
It was at the Omni in Oakland.

Benny said:
Hmm?

I think that was before Blueprint came out.
It was at the Omni in Oakland.
THE OMNI??? DAMN...Why didn't someone tell me back then??? :hotjump: I missed that...I was doing something dumb...like raising a kid or something... :loco:

Kristin
via late-blooming dragon

klondorwarrior said:
EJ.....yuck. Hes heralded as the "king of tone" in the guitar world. I dont like his tone at all, and dont enjoy his elevatorish type jazz either :p. (this is based off the G3 DVD /CD / Tour with him, vai and satch.)
Vai double yuck, since we're voicing opinions. :loco:

K
v uh..d

Hey Klondor,

I seem to remember in some previous post you mentioning running a Les Paul
through a Marshall stack? Which cabinet(s) and head are you using?

~Bill

Chiming in here....I love EJ's older stuff -- Cliffs of Dover gets me hopping anytime I hear it, and lucky for me there is a cover band (the greatest!) here in Baltimore and the lead guitarist, Ben Sherman, shreds right thru Cliffs like no on but EJ himself...jaws drop every time he plays it!

I am also a huge fan - huger than for EJ, as I have not kept up with his stuff - for Steve Vai AND Satch! I have seen Satch twice now and he was killer, and I have only seen Vai once :( although I have most of his discs...and just got the DVD - yeah!

For the Love of God is one of the best songs EVER...and Erotic Nightmares is incredible as well. Passion and Warfare is one of the best, if not the best (IMHO here, not trying to start a war!!!) guitar CD ever. Satriani made a huge splash with Surfing With the Alien -- his 'ballad' Always With Me, Always With You is another classic that lives on and on and on....Satch has been more consistent, I think, over the years - I think Strange Beautiful Music was excellent and I'm looking forward to (cool? LOL) #9 --- his 9th studio release, coming this year! :)

On another note, I'm not sure what hppened to the NP feature here, but right now I'm playing a new CD that is certainly moving me...Andre Andersen's (yes he is the dude from Royal Hunt) 'Ocean View'....oh my G-g-g-g-g-g-god!!! If you like piano and violin and cello, FIND THIS CD....it is a stunner!!!

Cheers!!