great singers

Axl Rose is good. Try to sing Civil War by example the way he can do it, its quite amazing. esp. the prechorus

Originally posted by EdenKriss
I dont understand. Have you ever read the lyrics of the following songs?

Take away my pain
Space dye vest
A change of seasons
pull me under

Have you? And btw i dont think the lyrics on the Metropolis II album isnt that good. Its just all fantasy, and I cant identify with that stuff anymore...same deal with Manowar...

yes i have. "take away my pain" is ok. theothers arent that good. and you just gave me 4 songs out of all those albums??? and these make dream theater good lyricists? give me a break. and metropolis 2 is fantasy??? you are kidding, right?

Axl has a unique voice, but I wouldn't say a good voice.

He has wrecked his throat with his style of singing, and it still shows that he can't tour that long without it going out.

Lets see how long Dani Filth lasts as well....he has a unique voice, but it could go if he doesn't keep it in shape.

as a person, but sure Axl is a good singer. you cant deny that. or try to sing along with him in a decent way. You will know what I'm talking about then.

Originally posted by Falconspirit
Of course I agree with all mentionned singers and i'll add
Fairuz, Oum Koulthoum, Vincent Cavanagh, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Bruce Dickinson, Hansi Kursh(Blind Guardian), Nathalie Cole, The Beatles, John Lennon, Elvis Presley, whitney huston...

i definitely agree about Oum Koulthoum. but you have to know the arab culture at general and egypt in particular in order to appreciate her.
Falconspirit, there`s an israeli rock artists who took some lines from "inta umri" and pasted it in one of his songs, it was a massive hit down here!

my singers would probably be Bruce Dickinson and ELVIS!