great singers

labrie is a gay singer who always sounds out of breath and sings only high notes as if he had him bollocks squeezed. oh and by the way he sings in dream theater, which tells enough. he seems cool tho.

i thought he might be in dream theater. everyone in anathema hates that kind of music. all the ex members do too. we all seem to agree on the likes of jeff buckley, cobain, john lennon and all them though.

well its obvious. and putting 'cobain' and 'labrie' in the same sentence is kind of blasphemy. shit i just did it.

Confession :

I hate 'true' progressive metal ala Dream Theater ...
Tho i love some bands that have a kind of progressive 'touch' : Opeth , ITW etc ...
But maybe that's because they havent got eunuchs as singers and instruments wankers as musicians :lol:
Hey i see some of you coming guys ... I never critized their technical skills ... but that doesnt count for me.
ALL THAT MATTERS IS METAL
MUHAHAHAHAHHAHA

well enough mate. Got 3 albums (didnt buy them lol ) and saw them live once ... three hours set ... a nightmare ... at the beginning I was happy there were heavy riffs :headbang: , after 30mn of show I went at the back of the room , sat down and waited ... just waited ... for the end!
No seriously it's not hatred but DM and prog metal are really not me cup of tea !

i only nheed to hear 2 songs to know what they are about, and the music they make is utter crap, especially when compared to something raw like robert johnson, or hendrix or the who or loads of stuff. i just cannot stand that technically proficient shit.
only when its done properly.
like iron maiden at their peak.

Originally posted by EdenKriss
Thats cool. Its just because I hate when people start criticizing something they dont really know anything about ( Im not neccesarily talking about music ).

that I seldom do. But sometimes I'm a real asshole and i criticize just for fun without knowing ... very seldom tho ... just for fun ... wasnt the case here ;)

i heard every dream theater album cause me mates and me bro like them. and i can tell i dont like them at all. its just pointless, its no song but wanking riffs put together, brain wanking lyrics, and all in all its going nowhere. i saw them live twice, and well, its funny to watch cause they play fast and good and that, but its more like sport or circus than something else. thats my opinion.

i never said i hated dt. i've listened every album, apart from the last one, and can't really like 'em. too many keys and labrie's voice is totaly not my thing... i like some decent old pro like rush and king crimson but most of the recent stuff is just pointless masturbating on the guitar, you can't worry not missing a single note in a 3 hour show, it's kinda pathetic i guess. i like raw gigs like sabbath who played whatever the hell they wanted, they were really stoned anyway to do otherwise :lol:, you know songs like war pigs, listen to ward palying the drums, they don't make any sense but the feeling level is reaching the roof and everybody in the crowd goes mad and really enjoys the thing... that's what music's all about... at least that's what i think...

Originally posted by sol83
i like raw gigs like sabbath who played whatever the hell they wanted, they were really stoned anyway to do otherwise :lol:, you know songs like war pigs, listen to ward palying the drums, they don't make any sense but the feeling level is reaching the roof and everybody in the crowd goes mad and really enjoys the thing... that's what music's all about... at least that's what i think...

Sabbath are gods !!
:confused:

nope ... it's WE the gods

I like them, altough I would prefer another singer... BUT mehdi, brain wanking lyrics?! To hard for you eh? :p

Originally posted by Mariner
I like them, altough I would prefer another singer... BUT mehdi, brain wanking lyrics?! To hard for you eh? :p

hard? id rather say useless, and it may not make any sense at all actually. look, how many of you guys think the bit printed in judgement just before the title track makes sense [asleep is the rose etc]. i think it doesnt make sense at all. so yeah, its pretty easy to write non sense and then pretend its cool dead clever artistic stuff when youre in a signed band.

it's very subjective what's good lyrics and what's not... and you can't know what the person who wrote 'em had in mind so...