great singers

Originally posted by sol83
it's very subjective what's good lyrics and what's not... and you can't know what the person who wrote 'em had in mind so...

...so stop assuming it always makes sense.

Labrie? :lol: Forget about this prog plague and start listening to some decent singers for fucks sake... Emotion counts more than skill for me at least...

labrie is the worst thing that happened to dream theater. he's ok, but a band like dream theater definitely requires a better vocalist!

Originally posted by EdenKriss
There seems to be some kind of hate club against Dream Theater here - how well do you actually know their music?

i love dream theater. i have ALL of their albums (including the live ones and many bootlegs in mp3 format) and have seen them live once in istanbul (i was blown away). but save your breath for labrie. he isnt that great. and one more thing: dream theater has the worst lyrics ever (along with manowar)...well, except, maybe, the scenes from a memory album.

check out labrie's solo stuff called "the mullmuzzler." thats much cooler. :)

heavy metal or no metal at all
whimps and posers leave the hall

there are no better lyrics don...

:D

where've ya been by the way?

WTF poserlyrics?!?!

read this by example, from 6DOIT.

Why, tell me the reasons why
Try, still I don't understand
Will I ever feel this again
Blue sky, I'll meet you in the end
Free them, free the memories of you
Free me, and rest 'til I'm with you

A day like today
My whole world has been changed
Nothing you say
Will help ease my pain

Turn, I'll turn this slowly round
Burn, burn to feel alive again
She, she'd want me to move on
See me, this place I still belong
Give chase, to find more than I have found
And face, this time now on my own

Days disappear
And my world keeps changing
I feel you here
And it keeps me sane

So I'm moving on
I'll never forget
As you lay there and watched me
Accepting the end
I knew you were scared
You were strong I was trying
I gave you my hand
I said it's okay letting go time to leave here
And I'll carry on
The best that I can without you here beside me
Let him come take you home

I didnt say their lyrics are superb, but theyre far from bad as well.
And there isnt much posing innit! damn!

heavy metal or no metal at all
whimps and posers leave the hall

there are no better lyrics don...

:D

where've ya been by the way?

first i was at another city to see another friend, then went to another to ski. both in turkey. and now im back to school! :( :cry:

well, i must admit manowar has some very funny lyrics. :lol:

Originally posted by Don Corleone
and one more thing: dream theater has the worst lyrics ever (along with manowar)...well, except, maybe, the scenes from a memory album.

I dont understand. Have you ever read the lyrics of the following songs?

Take away my pain
Space dye vest
A change of seasons
pull me under

Have you? And btw i dont think the lyrics on the Metropolis II album isnt that good. Its just all fantasy, and I cant identify with that stuff anymore...same deal with Manowar...

Just so you know this isn't a blatant attempt at ass kissing...... yeah Vinny Cavanaugh definitely, James LaBrie, Mike Patton, Thom Yorke, Phil Anselmo, Serj, Maynard Keenan, Steven Wilson, Mikael Ackerfeldt, Dan Swano, Jonas Renske, Madonna, Enya, the chick from Mazzy Star (forget her name), Tori Amos, Lionel Richie, Glen Danzig, Elvis, Robin Trower, Jim Morrison, David Gilmour (I'll probably catch hell for that, but I think the dude has a cool voice), Roger Waters, Mick Moss, Bruce Dickinson, Whitney Houston (before she started hittin' the crackpipe), Ozzy (one of the most unique singers ever IMO), Burton C. Bell, Chuck Billy, Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, David Bowie, Dax Riggs, Eddie Vedder, Scott Weiland, Jenifer Lopez, Shania Twain, Pink, Geoff Tate, Pete Steel, and I am sure I will think of more as soon as I post this heh.......

Keith Caputo !!!!! :lol: , I always loved his voice but I dont know why I'm obsessed with him theses days. I meant his songs , not himself you silly F*** ;)

I wont forget the pair Staley/Cantrell , Buckley, Patton , Cornell for the males / Franklin , Bjork , Gibbons , Van Giersbergen for the females and ... there are so many to mention anyway ...