great singers

Yes :tori amos , mike patton , aretha franklin ,simon & garfunkel ,freddy mercury ,bjork ,jasper steverlinck (arid ), leonard cohen , nick cave ,

yesyesyes : danny , vinnie and mick :)

and also :bruce dickinson , geoff tate ,robert plant , keith caputo , chuck schuldiner , matthew bellamy , ...

and though i'm (or was?) a paradise lost fan , i don't consider nick holmes a great singer

Ánneke van Giersbergen (of course!!)

and respect to all the rest :worship:
Vincent Cavanagh
Sivert Hoyem (Madrugada)
Beth Gibbons
Aaron Stainthorpe
Mikael Akerfeldt
Adrian Hates (Diary of Dreams)
Joan Baez
Thom Yorke
Elizabeth Frazer (cheers Danny)
Astrid van der Veen (Ambeon)
Nick Cave (oh my...)

althought i don't like the music of System Of A Down - the voice of Serj is really amazing!!

nick cave, thom yorke, madonna(recent years), anneke van giersbergen, beth gibbons, bon scott, paul di anno, glen danzig, joey ramone, nick holmes, eric adams, tom g. warrior, thomas linderg, tori amos, andrew eldritch, phil anselmo, lisa gerrard, david bowie, iggy pop, james hetfield, bruce dickinson, rob halford, ray alder, axl rose, chris cornell, billy corgan, ozzy osbourne, mick jagger, geoff tate and about 30 more i can't recall now...

as you can see singing is not just technique, it's fuckin feeling and balls... i prefer danzig and scott ten times more than that jackass labrie...

hmmm

David Gilmour, Jeff Buckley, Nick Cave, Pete Loeffler, Maynard James Keenan, Christopher Hall, Geoff Tate, James LaBrie, Mikael Akerfeldt, Freddie Mercury, Vinny, Tori Amos, Mick Moss, Enya, Howie Day, Jonas Renske, Edward Kowalczyk, Scott Weiland, many others...

Originally posted by Ivo
nobody mentioned - Anna-Varney (Sopor Aeternus)

*shocked*

Thats because he (or she) absolutely CAN NOT sing... (for those who dont know "it", sounds like a goat being raped)

My personal favourites:

Mickael Ackerfeldt
Peter Steele
Jasper Steverlinck
Kate Bush
Jef Buckley
Tori Amos
Stef Kamiel Carlens, and also Tom Barman
There are few more but I forgot them for the moment...

...and of course, last but not least, Vincent Cavanagh.

Of course I agree with all mentionned singers and i'll add
Fairuz, Oum Koulthoum, Vincent Cavanagh, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Bruce Dickinson, Hansi Kursh(Blind Guardian), Nathalie Cole, The Beatles, John Lennon, Elvis Presley, whitney huston...

Originally posted by Nina
*shocked*

Thats because he (or she) absolutely CAN NOT sing... (for those who dont know "it", sounds like a goat being raped)

i could agree, only if you speak for the earlier stuff, but he's approaching his own unique singing style while trying to express the deepest grief... if it's shocking for you that maybe, coz you don't like that nightmarish concept, but his great singing for me is on "There was a country by the sea", "The sleeper" - nothing more to add...

Originally posted by Thortyir
Who said that Nick Holmes is a bad singer? I really like Death, but Chuck wasn't a great singer...
:cry:
don't remember hearing Chuck's singing? ;)

Anneke Van Giersbergen, obviously

Nina Hagen

Leigh Nash ( from sixpense none the richer & some great vocal lines on Delerium )

Siouxsie ( in 'the creatures' more than in the banshees tho, one of the most sexiest voice i've ever heard )

Peter Murphy from Bauhaus

Dave Gahan AND Martin Gore from DM

Nico ( velvet underground )

Rozz Williams ( Xtian Death )

Ronny Harris from Clan of Xymox

Danny cavanagh