great singers

Originally posted by Thortyir
Who said that Nick Holmes is a bad singer? I really like Death, but Chuck wasn't a great singer...
:cry:

ok, maybe chuck isn't such a great singer but i've always liked his voice very much

and as for nick : at live gigs he often sings VEEERY BAAAAD
i don't know how they manage to make it sound so good on the records

Well, I think Nick is a pretty good singer... But on stage, It's true that it's not so perfect...
For Chuck, though I like Death Very very very much, I think he cannot be classified as "great singer", but as "musical genius"... :cool:

beside jonas from katatonia who is GOD, ill mention :

tori amos, the boy moss, me mate alex, tom araya, jeff buckley, kurt cobain, ville from sentenced, michelle from sear, thom yorke, that guy from sigur ros, the guy from the macc lads ['get stuffed you arse bandiiiit!'], me best mate, beth gibbons.

i cant think of anyone else really.

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
Bob Dylan=Donald Duck :mad:

well here's mine:
Jan Pauwels (Tim's Favourite), Maynard James Keenan (Tool), Anneke Van Giersbergen (The Gathering), Matt Barlow (Iced Earth), Mikael Akerfelt (Opeth, his clean vocals ofcourse), Jonas Renske (Katatonia, think he has a pretty unique voice), Vinny (his vocals on the DVD and on Eternity are not good though), Tom Barman (dEUS), Vintersorg
OI! i told you not to do that clean vocals thing!!! and bob dylan is an ace singer!!hehe

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
I'm quite a big MDB fan but imo Aaron's clean vocals are really nothing special :confused: It also sounds quite unique and stuff but that's kinda it, I prefer his grunts.

OI! i have told you before!

i think he is an ace vocalist/singer whatever. at least i can understand what he's saying. unlike chris barnes.
i forgot to mention paul dianno, ozzy, the boy moss and fleetwood mac. theres loads more...

owee
Vinnie, Ville Sentenced, Mick, Jewel (check her out!), Max Cavalera :yell: , Peter Steele (Type O), Serj Tankian (SystemOAD), Tom Yorke, Ed Kowalczyk (Live), Robert Plant (Led Zep),
Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation) saw the live dvd yesterday fuckin amazing, but i knew that already :) :) :) )