Greatest all round vocalist..

Originally posted by Sullen Jester
I'd have to say Lawrence Mackrory.
Listen to Forcefeed (his band), or Darkane's "Rusted Angel".

He's fuckin' insane.

WOW i couldn't agree more! You hear his work with Andromeda too? He did an awesome job! Of course on an Opeth board i'm gonna say Mikael and Dan Swano are up there too :)

Originally posted by Bumblefoot

WOW i couldn't agree more! You hear his work with Andromeda too? He did an awesome job! Of course on an Opeth board i'm gonna say Mikael and Dan Swano are up there too :)

I have NEVER heard anyone with such a range as is with Lawrence.

He shifts through something like 6-10 voices in one track.. when you're not listening to the actual words.. the music.. the vox.. it sounds reallly forceful, like a raging argument has someone beat its way inside my head.. I love it :D

Jeff Martin from The Tea Party is amazing... He has a much better range than he used to, yet he still retains his own 'voice' and 'style'

Listen to The Halcyon Days...!

Hmmm...... I think maybe Mike Patton or Daniel Gildenlow (Pain of Salvation)....

Mike Patton from Faith No More is another one... his voice isnt as noticeable so some people dont see exactly how good he is, but what he does with it, over all FNM albums and his sideprojects, well its pretty amazing if you ask me.

Then again im not a vocalist and used to think Hetfield was the best vocalist ever so...

Maynard James Keenan has some really cool stuff, and i love his voice (even though other here dont).. but as with the rest of Tool they have perfected only a limited range of things so his skills dont seem that varied.

But i havent heard Lawrence Mackrory and judging by the praise here ill assume he is above the guys i mention, i really dont concentrate on whether the singing is good or not unless i love a band. hm.

I think you can guess who I like from my username.

While I like his vocals a lot when he was with FNM, more so on the later albums, I like him a lot more fronting Mr Bungle and Fantomas.

He is also awesome live. Just caught him touring with Tomahawk last week.

I also like:

Anneke - The Gathering
Layne Staley - Alice In Chains
Serj - System of A Down

Originally posted by Trapped
Jeff Martin from The Tea Party is amazing... He has a much better range than he used to, yet he still retains his own 'voice' and 'style'

You knew I'd agree with you on Jeff Martin

And Mikael is a given

also:
Geoff Tate - Queensryche
Luca Turilli
David Draiman - Disturbed
Warrel Dane - Nevermore

Luca Turilli? hmmm you mean the singer of his solo project....Olaf Hayer?

I don't know who is the best but these are the vocalists I like:
James Hetfield
Maynard James Keenan
Layne Staley
Anneke van Giersbergen
Christina Scabbia
Travis Meeks
Geoff Tate
Jeff Keith
Chuck Billy