Greatest all round vocalist..

Gotta throw a female in the list... SHIRLEY MANSON was always good but now shes bordering on great. The newest cd shows her voice off the best. She writes some interesting lyrics too...

:hotjump:

I think the greatest vocalists are these:

JAN KENNETH TRANSIT - (ex)In the Woods
VINCENT CAVANAGH - Anathema
GARM - Ulver
MESSIAH MARCOLIN - (ex)Candlemass
BRUCE DICKINSON
and the guy from The Provenance (forgot his name...)

Originally posted by JesusChristPose
The best vocalist out there, today in rock music is the MAN,

Chris Cornell.

Soungarden RIP :(
]

Dude, did you know he's gonna front Rage Against the Machine now?

Mike Patton is an extremely talented singer. He really doenst sing in Mr. Bungle, but it's awesome nonetheless. FNM and Fantomas are good for him, too.

Originally posted by Trapped
Jeff Martin from The Tea Party is amazing... He has a much better range than he used to, yet he still retains his own 'voice' and 'style'

Agreed, totally.
Not only does he have a great voice, but he writes great music, and he plays guitar while he sings (a talent way underrated) :)

Re: Chris Cornell

Yeah man I can't wait to hear him with Rage, its gonna be very interesting. I am a big fan of both rage and soundgarden(rip).

Sfarog

P.S. Yeah so I listen to Rage, so what, I also listen to Opeth and Emperor, not to mention..... uhm....hmm... ehh... <--- The end.

Jeff Martin... Hmmm... Why does that name look familiar? Has he been in another band? Damn, it looks familiar!

I like Tim Aymar/Control Denied/Psycho Scream... He just has a powerful voice that I'm in awe of (and scared of, at times, lol!) But, then again, Chuck is the man! *snif*

Jeff Martin is great... but he wouldn't suit anything other than the tea party.

Mike Patton is great...

Originally posted by PattonFan
YourFuneral, Maybe you are thinking of Jim Martin, one of Faith No More's Guitarists.

No, actually, I figured out who I was thinking of... Jeff Martin of Racer-X... Does anybody know if this is the same guy? I've been listening to Racer-X for years... (Paul Gilbert kicks ass!)

EDIT: I did some research on The Tea Party, I doubt it's the same guy, heh heh...

Originally posted by loudsilence
I don't know who is the best but these are the vocalists I like:
James Hetfield
Maynard James Keenan
Layne Staley
Anneke van Giersbergen
Christina Scabbia
Travis Meeks
Geoff Tate
Jeff Keith
Chuck Billy

Damn, i forgot Chuck Billy!
The man can growl and sing melodic really great!!

Mikael Akerfeldt
Mike Patton
Chris Cornell
Simon Hestenas(sp)
guy from Enslaved (Can't be bothered finding the booklet, his voice is so penetrating, and close to mine)

but Chris Cornell with RAM? Just how the hell is that gonna work? If chris corneel raps, I will kill myself, and my wife, and children, and dog, and mother, and YOU.