Greatest all round vocalist..

James Hetfield (fuck yeah, on AJFA he dominates)
Maynard James Keenan - he gets better on each album
Chuck Billy
Mikael Akerfeldt
Mikael Stanne
hrm... Johan Hegg.... fuck yeah :D
Max Cavalera (around arise - roots, i reckon he was in his peek)
Ed Vedder (I'm a huge pearl jam fan :D)
and Mark Knopfler!@#

and a few nameless guys (i.e. i just don't remember their names ;P) but the vocalist from
Radiohead, and from Quo Vadis

Bruce Dickinson, Rob halford, Mikael, Warrel Dane, Tim Aymar, the mighty Het (I actually like his vocals on Load, so full of emergy and emotion!).
And I cannot forget James Labrie, who has a hell of a Geddy Lee impersonation.

Burton C. Bell... Fuck yes. This man has got an awesome voice...

FREE... DOM.... OR FIRE!!!!
Such agression, yet such emotion...!!

Or isn't Fear Factory truu enough for you donkeys? :rolleyes:

James Hetfield - ...And Justice for all
Max Cavelera - Arise
Eric Peterson - Dragonlord... Rapture

Impressive listings...but what is it that makes these talentet singers good 'allround vocalists'? I wouldn't say that they're allround vocalists even if they're the best at what they do.
I wouldn't even call someone who just growls and does some clean singing (even if it is good) an allround vocalist.

The only real allround vocalist that I know is Dan Swanö. Just listen to Nightingale (emotive clean singing), Steel (mega-high power metal singing), EoS (grunts, black metal screams, whispers, etc, etc.). No matter what he does, he has always total control of his voice. Just listen to the mentioned projects and also to his solo-albums and you'll know what I mean.

Originally posted by YaYoGakk
Mike Patton from Faith No More is another one... his voice isnt as noticeable so some people dont see exactly how good he is, but what he does with it, over all FNM albums and his sideprojects, well its pretty amazing if you ask me.

Damn, someone else has noticed that too? And yeah, he is amazing!
Another good one is, of course my personal favorite, T Jarva of The Black League and Sentenced (old) fame. If you listen to his older Sentenced stuff and then listen to, say, Amok or any of The Black League albums you notice that he has a pretty wide range as well.

Maynard is always great, but I think he was the best on Undertow. I mean Listen to the end of Prison Sex. I was listening to Superunknown today, Chris Cornell is great too. And Bruce Dickinson can really hold a note, too. I would also suggest Mikael, of course.

Originally posted by ïn gwïdh rïstennïn
Sebastian Bach during his Skid Row days (nice clean voice & screams)

Wow, I'd forgotten about Bach. :cool: That guys voice is massive.

Other favourites:

Jonas Renkse - Katatonia
Shagrath & Simen Hestenaes - Dimmu Borgir
Varg Vikernes - Burzum
Vincent Cavanagh - Anathema
Thomas AG Jensen - Saturnus
Dani - Cradle of Filth
Aaron Stainthorpe - My Dying Bride.

Originally posted by requiem

Being a self-confessed 'Northern Vampire' I thought you'd be into it.

Just cos your splatter some fake blood around pretending to be a vampire don't make you a good singer and that is what this thread was about ;)