The Quest for New Underpants...

Sullen Jester

Corporate Executive
Sep 12, 2001
Beneath The World
During a music related conversation with Bumblefoot ..uh.

Whilst listening to music, and trading a few stray words with Bumblefoot, the band "Forcefeed" came to mind. I've known of their existance for some time, now, with the vocalist (Lawrence Mackrory) taking part in Darkane and Andromeda. Yet it was only now that I decided to find and download some songs.

From their site, I had gathered links to three songs, Soil, In Tongues and Pressure. Apon downloading, I immediately listened to "Soil". My first impressions ranged from "Holy crap!" to "Why didn't I look them up sooner?". This band puts out remarkably tight, well-written, well-performed songs, teases and pleases the mind. What few words I can say, can not possibly convey how high I place this band in my mind. Hearing their music left me with dirty underpants, thus the quest for a new pair begins..

Never heard of them. sounds interesting though.. i shall download and see

Well, I checked them out because of how much I admire Lawrence (he's soooo underrated), but when I saw that they listed poop like Korn and Deftones as influences I cringed. I listened to "Soil" and it had some pretty good vocal melodies, but other than that I wasn't really impressed. It was too much like all of the shatty "metal" bands that I see on Much Music.