The timing is right for .... Power Quest!!

metalprof

Ken Luther
Mar 11, 2005
Valparaiso, IN
faculty.valpo.edu
From Bravewords:

POWER QUEST To Enter The Studio Next Month
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2007 at 10:55:39 EST

UK-based power metallers POWER QUEST have issued the following update:

"The band will be entering Remaster Studio in Vicenza on October 25th to begin recording the fourth Power Quest album. First up will be Francesco Tresca and drum tracking. Ahead of that the band will be gathering in Italy during the first week of October to finalize the songs for the album from the 15 songs that have been written. "

So they'll be needing to tour next spring to support the CD! Right, Jason? :)

Ken

Yeah...I saw Chirs with a Rhapsody shirt and Manowar sweat pants on the other day at Walmart!

yes, that was me....i'm surprised the sweatpants still fit....although
the ass creepage definitely got old after a while...

furthermore, regarding the power metal comment, we're not just putting
the fest on for ourselves, so to imply that we wouldn't have power metal bands
because we don't like them is crazy.

OrbWeaver, there were MANY threads about the whole "power metal" aspect of the fest before you began posting here.

I don't want to speak for Rob, Chris, or John, but from their comments, I gather they didn't want the fest to be pigeon holed as solely a power metal fest (Which it obviously was given the headliners for 2005 and 2006).

I wouldn't completely rule out power metal bands.

I think the "Power" in the festival name might throw some people off (Personally, I just thought "hey, a metal fest that might have some bands I like. Great!") But it's easy for one to think "Powerfest...oh, they must do only power-metal." Some may think "Power of metal" instead of "power metal" but I've encountered very few people, at least on THA INTRAWEBZ, who think that way.

And I wasn't ruling out PM bands. As I said, just re-stating something I'd heard from parties who shall remain nameless. As for what I think...*shrugs* Does it really matter? Whether I like the way things are going or not, things will be done as the PowerFest Lords (;)) choose to do. Regardless, I'm always excited for upcoming announcements.

Thanks for the support guys...we would certainly be there in flash given the opportunity. Really looking forward to getting the new album done...first for our new label...announcement coming very soon on that front!

Hey Steve!
Good to see ya on this forum.
Can't wait to hear the new album, and hopefully you guys can get your arses over to the states.

for fans of Power Quest.....check out Arthemis. It is the singer from Power Quest other band. Not as good as PQ but still really good. A little more generic than PQ but worth looking for. thier stuff is hard to find.