Power Quest news

WHAT!!!!!!
you were the first to goof on the sponsorship thing at ProgPower...

Agreed. Though I know first hand the amount of money some people sponsor for ProgPower, and that's what actually blew my mind.

Though, I realize now that most of those bands wouldn't have been able to come over to the states without the sponsorship.

You are asking for Freedom Call and Elvenking to perform right? Well, this isn't a $5 punk rock show dude. They aren't going to perform for a case of beer and a spin with your girlfriend.

Think about how much the flights alone cost for the bands and their crew.

We all would love to have a fest with 10 bands who have never played the states before, or rarely if ever. That would rule, though would send any promoter in the poorhouse if they were funding it 100% out of their own pockets.

Agreed. Though I know first hand the amount of money some people sponsor for ProgPower, and that's what actually blew my mind.

Though, I realize now that most of those bands wouldn't have been able to come over to the states without the sponsorship.

You are asking for Freedom Call and Elvenking to perform right? Well, this isn't a $5 punk rock show dude. They aren't going to perform for a case of beer and a spin with your girlfriend.

Think about how much the flights alone cost for the bands and their crew.

We all would love to have a fest with 10 bands who have never played the states before, or rarely if ever. That would rule, though would send any promoter in the poorhouse if they were funding it 100% out of their own pockets.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Relax Jason....I am just screwing with you. But you were the same guy who was ripping into the whole sponsorship thing on the way down to Powerfest last year though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Relax Jason....I am just screwing with you. But you were the same guy who was ripping into the whole sponsorship thing on the way down to Powerfest last year though.

I know you are. I was just explaining myself.
I agree that I was actually rather floored when I heard about the Prog Power sponsorship.

Though I think this is even why more kudos have to go out to Chris and Rob (and Sean I think it is) who brought out euro bands like Lefay, Nocturnal Rites, and Biomechanical with no sponsorship support.

I already told Rob that I have a crisp $5 bill for RHAPSODY.
(hey, it IS almost Hanukkah right? I need to save my gelt!! :lol:)