Greatest guitar solo's according to Planet Rock's audience

i agree with comfortably numb, but not the others in the top 3. i dunno what else i would pick.. maybe something from nfu

the list is actually decent, i was surprised at the amount of deep purple

#1 is definitely deserved. I'm a huge fan of Pink Floyd. However, I don't think Gn'R or AC/DC should be on this list at all, and the rest of the list is mostly crap that I've heard on the radio 10000X times already, so the songs bore me..

(There are a few good ones there... not the majority though imo.)

Good number one. That solo almost brought a tear to my eye when I watched the Live Eight performance.

Putting Van Halen - Eruption as number four seems silly to me. That track may have been influential to other guitarists, but it's not really a great solo or track by itself.

I still get the feeling that such lists of 'greatest...' whatever should be renamed to 'the most popular'...

especially when it comes to stuff associated with guitar

Freebird is amongst the most popular solo's of all-time. I'm not surprised it ranked so high.

Metallica - Unforgiven
nice choice

i dont have too many gripes with this list. sure theyre missing a lot...but out of all the songs ever written with good guitar solos...picking just 40 of the best is a fairly hard task. certainly not a job id want.