Greatest guitar solo's according to Planet Rock's audience

I agree with #1.I can understand everyone gripes with the list, but it is a classic rock radio station. Of course it will be popular songs and songs that are often played on the radio. What do you expect?

Comfortably Numb definately deserves top place.
Im surprised All Along the Watchtower was not in the top 10. Also that there was no Randy Rhoades. Im also surprised that as this is more like a "popular" top 40, that John Sykes is not in there.
Did Tony Iommi not do anything worthy of a top 40 place?

Good too see randy and Zakk get No more tears and mr. Crowely..... Wheres Crazy Train though, that solo is far better than the two that made the list...

No Aerosmith? :sad:

There's plenty of better solos from the Ozzy back-catalogue as well - ever really listened to the track "Tonight"? the outro solo's fecking awesome Rhoads...... :kickass:

reidie said:
Good too see randy and Zakk get No more tears and mr. Crowely..... Wheres Crazy Train though, that solo is far better than the two that made the list...
I disagree, the No More Tears solo obliterates Crazy Train imo.

Powers said:
And not a single Maiden track in the top 40?
Yeah, I was wondering that too. I've been listening to them for the past few days, and they certainly deserve to be on that list. Maybe it's because people suck now and don't like Iron Maiden anymore? I'm thinking that might be it.

Highway Star and Sultans of Swing are definitely worthy of their positions. Great solos. Mark Knopfler is way underrated, imo.