GREATEST Non Symphony-X song ever...

urinalcakemix

man who plays drum
Jun 7, 2003
Wallingford, CT
Visit site
Daler Mehndi - Tunak Tunak Tun

Oh my god. This is the sickest song. I can't even begin to explain. Just download it, and drop comments. Dont comment unless you've heard it.. OR Hint to its sound - keep em guessing =)

This song IS metal. omg. my jaw is on the floor.

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
without a second thought, St. Anger

shutup.jpg

Well, I couldn't name only one, right... :D

1. Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys
2. A Day In The Life - The Beatles
3. In My Life - The Beatles
4. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
5. Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin
6. I Can Hear Music - The Beach Boys
7. He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother - The Hollies
8. Voodoo Child (Slight Return) - Jimi Hendrix
9. God Only Knows - The Beach Boys
10. See Emily Play - Pink Floyd
11. 1983 (A Merman I Should Turn To Be) - Jimi Hendrix
12. For No One - The Beatles
13. I'm Only Sleeping - The Beatles
14. Achilles Last Stand - Led Zeppelin
15. Penny Lane - The Beatles
16. Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles
17. Bold As Love - Jimi Hendrix
18. Julia Dream - Pink Floyd
19. Shine On You Crazy Diamond Pt. 1 - Pink Floyd
20. While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles
21. Happiness Is A Warm Gun - The Beatles
22. Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones
23. I Want You - Bob Dylan
24. Hey Jude - The Beatles
25. Sympathy For The Devil - The Rolling Stones
26. You Better You Bet - The Who
27. Smoke On The Water(Made In Japan version) - Deep Purple
28. Rainbow Eyes - Rainbow
29. Machine Gun - Jimi Hendrix
30. Paperback Writer - The Beatles
31. Rain - The Beatles
32. Marathon - Rush
33. Under A Glass Moon - Dream Theater
34. Heaven And Hell - Black Sabbath
35. Stargazer - Rainbow
36. Heroes And Villains - The Beach Boys
37. A Quick One, While He's Away(From Live At Leeds) - The Who
38. Limelight - Rush
39. Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
40. Heaven And Hell(From Live At Leeds) - The Who
41. Desolation Row - Bob Dylan
42. Yesterday - The Beatles
43. Just Like A Woman - Bob Dylan
44. Baba O'Riley - The Who
45. All Along The Watchtower – Jimi Hendrix
46. Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands - Bob Dylan
47. Let Me Die In My Footsteps - Bob Dylan
48. Moonshiner - Bob Dylan
49. Little Wing – Jimi Hendrix
50. Since You Been Gone - Rainbow
51. Revolution - The Beatles
52. Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
53. The Prophet's Song - Queen
54. Please Please Me - The Beatles
55. Jealous Guy - John Lennon
56. My Generation - The Who
57. Emotion Detector - Rush
58. Imagine - John Lennon
59. I Want To Hold Your Hand - The Beatles
60. Force Ten - Rush
61. Layla - Derek & The Dominos
62. Castles Made Of Sand – Jimi Hendrix
64. Voodoo Chile – Jimi Hendrix
65. All Along The Watchtower – Bob Dylan
66. Holy Diver - Dio
67. Rainbow In The Dark – Dio
68. Magic Mirror – Yngwie Malmsteen
69. Highway Star – Deep Purple
70. Child In Time – Deep Purple

COBSteele02 said:
Man that is a travel back in time post.

If we ever invent Time Travel in the near future im tottaly going back and time and seeing Hendrix live.
Yeah, I would've loved to see his show at The Royal Albert Hall in '69, pure genius. Woodstock wouldn't hurt either.

Daler Mehndi? Are you joking? You're talking about the Punjabi singer with the turban, right? Well, just for fun, I searched for his albums and I couldn't find any with the song "Tunak Tunak Tun", so I wouldn't even know where to look for it. I'm sure it might be amusing, but I'm certain this IS NOT a metal song. :)

OK, I found it. I can see why you feel so strongly about this song. It rips! :)

Man, that has to be some of the worst shit I've ever heard! This song alone should make every single one of us greatful we weren't born and raised in India, because had we been we'd probably think this crap is good!

Wheeeeewee, that's some bad shit! :)

scanner313 said:
Man, that has to be some of the worst shit I've ever heard! This song alone should make every single one of us greatful we weren't born and raised in India, because had we been we'd probably think this crap is good!

Okay, the thread is okay, but that is personally very insulting. I'm indian. Hate Daler and love SyX. For the record, that fat bastard is in jail for fraud now.

Diabolicalguitarist,

I'm sorry if it came across that I have some bias towards Indian people, as that's entirely not the case. My statement was purely made from a standpoint of us all being SyX fans. Most people raised in India would be predisposed to like Indian music as that's what they would be exposed to, and I'm assuming this guy is a popular Indian entertainer, so this would be the kind of music that would be prevalent throughout the country. As a SyX fan, I find Daler's music very unappealing and to be subjected to it regularly would be hard to live with. That's all I meant.

Again, if it seemed like I was insulting Indian people I am sorry, as that absolutely was not my intent.

scanner313 said:
Diabolicalguitarist,

I'm sorry if it came across that I have some bias towards Indian people, as that's entirely not the case. My statement was purely made from a standpoint of us all being SyX fans. Most people raised in India would be predisposed to like Indian music as that's what they would be exposed to, and I'm assuming this guy is a popular Indian entertainer, so this would be the kind of music that would be prevalent throughout the country. As a SyX fan, I find Daler's music very unappealing and to be subjected to it regularly would be hard to live with. That's all I meant.

Again, if it seemed like I was insulting Indian people I am sorry, as that absolutely was not my intent.

Well, I'm glad you feel that way. Now that thats out of the way, I'll let you on in a dirty little secret. Daler is(was) a big entertainer here. He made more money in the past 10 years than probably Dream Theater and
Symphony X did put together. And I hate him. Fugging dance Panjabi Pop its called. Panjabi Poop would be a beter term.

Hehe.. everythings cool.

Cool. Hey, how did you escape the allure of Daler Mehndi's music if you are living in India? :) How did you learn about SymphonyX, or heavy metal music in general? I'm assuming by the internet?

I'm only asking because it seems like most people from countries that have a very specific culture tend to keep to that culture, even the younger groups and even when they do get exposeure to other cultures. As an example, I worked for a number of years in New York where there is a large population of Puerto Ricans and Dominicans. Many of them were raised as children in their native countries but had been in the United States for a long time but I didn't know a single one who listened to American music. They all listened to the Latino stations and Salsa style music. It was just interesting to me that they didn't find modern "American" music appealing in any way. So when I hear of someone who actually lives in another country/culture who isn't readily exposed to music like Rock, Pop, Heavy Metal, etc. but finds an interest with it it's interesting to me.

Anyway, I was just curious. You don't have to explain if you don't want to.

Well, to put that in perspective, scanner... I'm an American and I've never been into anything but rock and metal. Salsa and latin stuff have never appealed to me. Neither have middle eastern, or Russian, or oriental styles. So a lot of people just stick to their culture's stuff because it's what sounds good to them.

Yeah, but for most people I think it has more to do with what you're exposed to rather than liking something because it truly sounds good to you. Of course, in America there are a lot of styles of music to choose from, and you find one that fits your tastes, but the exposure to "foreign" or cultural music from other countries is limited here in America, so maybe that's why most Americans don't stray from American music.

I think it's funny how some people are influenced in their tastes for music by other people and some are not. My older sister was always into dance/pop music when she was in high school because that's what all of her friends listened to. My older brother took more to classic rock (includes Sabbath and earlier Judas Priest), and that was what all of his friends were into. Me and my younger brother, on the other hand, both took to metal, but it wasn't because all of my friends were into it, but because I just loved it! We found metal friends later as a result. Strangely, my younger brother and I were the only 2 of my siblings who became musicians. My parents tried to get my older siblings into music but they didn't stick with it so my parents decided not to even try to get me and my younger brother into music, and we're the ones who took to it later. I don't know if that means anything, but it seems that if you're inclined to pursue music as a hobby, career, whatever, you are more inclined to choose a type of music that really appeals to you in a deep way. My sister now likes modern rock and some classic rock, my older brother still likes his classic rock (now including Pearl Jam and stuff like that), and me and my younger brother are still primarily metalheads! :)

I don't know, maybe it means nothing. All I know is that the first time I heard "Photograph" by Def Leppard and "Rock You Like A Hurricane" from the Scorpions I fell in love with Heavy Metal.