My impressions of the Symphony X show at Jaxx last night

I have to strongly disagree about the second band (which is called Ephemeral Sun by the way). I think that they are one of the most creative bands out there that is not afraid to break boundries. I will admit things were a bit shaky at times, but I can see that they are all extremely talented, not too bad for a first show.

I will also comment on the vocals, I am not sure where you were standing, but I had a good view of that singer and damn is she beautiful. She also has a fantastic voice. I cannot wait to get a hold of their album, they unfortunately had no merchandise. I had the luck of talking to her for a moment and she was extremely nice and modest. I told her that her stage presence could use a little work and she confided in me that she was extremely nervous.

Their keyboardist was completely right on and talented. Just an overall talented band over all.

Unfortunately I will be moving to Seattle in two weeks or else I would try to go to more of their shows and talk to her again. He He. Women that also like metal. Heaven. What a goddess.

I agree, Brave was unbelievable, their violinist really makes them perfect in all ways.

My best ride got sick so I was not able to watch the rest of the show, I had to drive him home. Damn drunk hicks.

Petethedrummer said:
I thought that show was incredible....

Odin's court: I showed up late so only caught the last 3 songs or so, it was good stuff though.

Next Band: There was only a span of about 60 seconds where i actually truly really enjoyed this band. It was some musical interlude in the middle of a song. And their keyboardist was really impressive as well. Aside from that, I thought the band was pretty bad. They didnt put on a great show, and the vocals were pretty...terrible...both a combination of her vocal lines and the performance. I liked the idea of incorporating different styles into their music, but the bad vocals ruined it for me.

Brave: Bravo. Awesome band, badass violin player....

Devin Townsend: I'd heard of him before, but never actually listened to any music of his before seeing him live. Outside of the venue while waiting online him and 2 others approached me and asked me to take a picture of them. I had no idea it was him at the time, being as i'd never seen him before...anyways i thought his vulgarity was pretty damned funny. I really don't have any studio recordings to compare his performance to, but i really enjoyed it. Oh yeah, and that guy who was in the front row right in front of devin being all crazy and headbanging and "playing" the drum fills and moving his hands all theatrical-like with the music was awesome.

Symphony X: Orgasm....

Overall I didnt like the venue either...If the stage was raised a foot or so higher I wouldve been happy. I was in the 5th row of people back and I had trouble getting pictures. And I'm 6'1" and not used to people being taller than me, but in the center I was surrounded by these freakin tall guys...still a great show though

Hey, I love reading about my band because it gives me tips of what to do onstage and not to do... thank you for the honest critique.

Well for anyone that enjoyed Ephemeral Sun, we are coming out with our full length soon and plan on playing out starting in April.. If you have any question feel free to contact us at band@ephemeralsun.com or check out my bands website at www.ephemeralsun.com

For the people that liked us... Thank you :D :bow: For the ones that did not, thank you for being honest.

thank you! I will try to get some .mp3s up very soon but right now since mp3.com went down we are trying to figure out our best route.

If anyone has any suggestions for the least expensive that would be great..

WOW! Thank you to both of you :D Ofcourse I would not mind, I love the promotion for my band. Promoting ourselves is hard work to do, any help is greatly apreciated..

Thank you for saying you like my voice, it makes me feel very good :D