Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Exodus

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Jeff Waters

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Andreas Kisser

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Going with Exodus on the basis that Gary Holt and Hunolt or Altus are playing 'proper' solos, unlike Slayer (though atonal noise has its place), and are otherwise thrash, unlike Friedman or Waters (great guitarists, but never strike me as particularly thrash. I think the problem is that serious guitarists are going to realise the limitations of the form, as with Skolnick). Hammett was good on the early Metallica albums, but agree with Kerry King that Ulrich and Hetfield chose the wrong guitarist to replace Mustaine. Flame on...

Hi mate, welcome to the forum! :)

I'm going to get into this again - why don't you think of Jeff Waters as being a thrash player? Of the guys on that list, Annihilator (which is basically Jeff's solo band) have always been pretty much thrash, on all of their albums (except Remains).

Hi mate, welcome to the forum! :)

I'm going to get into this again - why don't you think of Jeff Waters as being a thrash player? Of the guys on that list, Annihilator (which is basically Jeff's solo band) have always been pretty much thrash, on all of their albums (except Remains).

I think it's that I've tended to see Annihilator as more of a speed or power metal band, with a more traditional metal and less punk influenced sound. It all depends upon how you apply the labels - e.g. the omission of Dimebag because Pantera played groove metal and not thrash - but I basically have the sense that while Waters will cover Judas Priest he would never think of covering Discharge, if that makes sense.

In the end, it's all good music, and that's what matters.

I think it's that I've tended to see Annihilator as more of a speed or power metal band, with a more traditional metal and less punk influenced sound. It all depends upon how you apply the labels - e.g. the omission of Dimebag because Pantera played groove metal and not thrash - but I basically have the sense that while Waters will cover Judas Priest he would never think of covering Discharge, if that makes sense.

In the end, it's all good music, and that's what matters.

If it means I get to hear THIS:

Rather than this nonsense:

I'll take the metal covers over the punk covers any day. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: