"Greek Chorus" vs "Prelude" on TNMS

Rocksister

Oct 17, 2006
Northwestern SC, USA
I was given the 2-disc set today of Trans-Siberian Orchestra's newest album "Night Castles," and 'bout fell out when I heard the first track, which they are calling "Greek Chorus." It's the same exact song as the "Prelude" on Symphony X's "New Mythology Suite," and both are used at the beginning. Does anyone know who wrote this piece of music? Neither band has anything about it on their sites, and they do not give credit to anyone. I think maybe a classical composer wrote it, freeing them up from giving credit or obtaining rights to it. Anyone know this? If I knew even the name of it, I could look it up, but neither band names it. Amazing. Almost every note is exactly the same. Just translated a bit differently. At first I thought they were ripping SX off, but no way could they get away with such a blatant exact copy like that. Thanks.:p

No matter what it opens to, it can't be better than Evolution. Still one of the most significant musical experiences in my life, hearing Evolution rip the fucking hell out of my speakers for the first time as I played Red Alert or Warcraft II OR SOMETHING ELSE THAT WAS BETTER THAN ANYTHING TODAY EVERYTHING WAS BETTER BEFORE THE END.