Symphony X should be on the God of War 3 Soundtrack

InFlames235

Apr 20, 2002
Danville, CA
Visit site
Hey all, this is my first time posting here but i've been a long time lurker. Anyways, this thread is about the Soundtrack that's going to be released with the game God of War 3 on the Playstation 3. On this soundtrack are various artists such as Trivium, Dream Theater, Opeth, Killswitch Engage, etc. While i'm a big fan of Dream Theater and Opeth, I know that neither of those bands could do justice to a God of War song like Symphony X could.

If you don't know what God of War is, it's an action-adventure game based on Greek Mythology. To sum it up, Kratos (God of War) was betrayed by his father Zeus and is seeking revenge on him through the use of the Titans at this point. This type of game is so perfect for Symphony X type of music, I wish they had a chance to make a track for it. I know it would have been absolutely perfect for the game!

The only reason they're not on the Soundtrack is because SX isn't on RoadRunner Records (which I think they should be)

I've been thinking the same thing about this new Dante's Inferno Game/Anime. Seeing as Paradise Lost is loosely based on the same source.

(which I think they should be)

10p4z14.jpg

Trivium and Killswitch Engage... :rolleyes: that sucks. Why bother even having Dream Theater and Opeth... Symphony X should just do the whole soundtrack.

I bet the Opeth song is good but can't say anything for the other one's... Symphony X definitely would have been ideal for this.

I hope you realize the game is utter fucking shit.

I was impressed with how they were able to come up with new grotesque visuals throughout. But yeah, a lot of it was kind of stupid, like that part where you reverse the lightning, or the entire eighth circle with all those challenges out of the blue. Also, I found it easy, just spammed the cross the whole time. Was there a difficulty setting? :S

The only reason they're not on the Soundtrack is because SX isn't on RoadRunner Records (which I think they should be)

I agree with you that they should be on RoadRunner. I don't think RoadRunner would fuck with the bands sound and they'd get a TON of exposure and most likely a tour with Dream Theater and Opeth. I think that'd be a truly great concert and not to mention, Symphony X deserves some more recognition and $$$ for their work.

I don't think nuclear blast will fuck with the bands sound. I'm pretty sure the band will have control over how their sound will be, not the label.

I know that Nuclear Blast won't fuck with the bands sound at all, but a lot of people have the idea that RoadRunner ruins bands. I personally don't believe this is true and I think it'd be a huge step up for the band to be with such a big record label.