greek shows confirmed

DragonLady1 said:
hehe actually its very very easy to get in town from the airport (the airport is quite outside athens, u take about one hour): there's a bus straight to town, its 3 euros I think :)
Hehe, I was just kidding. I'm sure we'll find each other in town somehow... :D I'll arrive in Athens Saturday at around 5 pm, departure Tuesday around 10 am. When do you have to leave?
Thanks a lot for your funny e-card btw! It's great... :tickled:

rantzen.jpg

WOW this is progress, glad to hear that everyone has settled down his journey! :hotjump:

Except Dunc :mad:
What are ya wating for?? :yell:
Snow2fall it'll be nice to meet you! :wave:

Well, having a forum meeting will be the easiest thing, probably at the Underground cafe, isn't that right Daphne?? ;)

Now some practical stuff, when you'll arrive at the Athens airport you can easily find you're way to the center. There are 3 busses leaving from a certain area of the airposrt (easy to find, there are signs and stuff).
One of them, E96, goes to Peraias (metro line 1), but i don't think you'll be interested in that
The other one, E94, goes to the nearest metro station, which is "Ethniki Amyna" (metro line 3), and from that station it's very easy to get to Onomoia (mtro line 1), where i guess all of you will be heading.
The last one is E95, which takes you both to "Ethniki Amyna" and "Syntagma" (metro lines 2 & 3) stations, you can choose as you wish. "Syntagma" station is almost in the centre of Athens, but i would recommend ya all to prefer moving around with the metro and the train (lines 1,2,3) rather than staying on the streets for too long with busses, trolleys and stuff, you know Athens is really popular for it's huge traffic jam :yuk:

As for tickets, the one for the airport bus costs 2.90E or 3E, not sure about that. It's the same with the all-day ticket, and you can get it kiosques near the bus stations.
The tickets for the normal busses and trolleys cost 0.45E, the ticket for the train (that's line 1) cost 0.60E.
Last the metro ticket cost 0.70E and it allows you to travel in all metro lines in one direction within 90 min from the time of it's validation.

There's a web page about the public transport in Greece, it's url is www.oasa.gr where there's an english section of course, but i haven't checked it yet, so i hope you won't get like this

And Pieter if you wanna check out the trains from Athens to Salonika and vice-versa you can ckeck this www.ose.gr , but we could work these things out together

Ok that's it for now, if you won't any other details just say so, cheers mates, waiting for ya!