Greetings from Singapore!

A7

Live to Win
Feb 9, 2008
Makati, Philippines
www.myspace.com
It's day 1 of my 5-day vacation in Singapore. You won't believe how clean this place is - no wonder there's a lot of emphasis on their fines! This tiny country is an urban paradise with beautiful architecture all around. The weather is great - mildly humid with occasional showers. If the Maidens were to ever do an Asian tour, they should put Singapore on top of their list.

singapore01.jpg

singapore02.jpg

And here's my loot for today. Will be posting more pics tomorrow night. :headbang:

singapore03.jpg

Dude, that's pretty cool! Doesn't look like bad weather there, at all! How does their Christmas observance/celebration compare to that of the U.S.A.?

Dude, that's pretty cool! Doesn't look like bad weather there, at all! How does their Christmas observance/celebration compare to that of the U.S.A.?

Thanks, Brian. There's not much to compare when it comes to Christmas. The whole city is decorated just like every other city, and everybody here celebrates it regardless of religion.

This is the Singapore Flyer. Standing at 165 meters (541 ft.), it is the tallest Ferris wheel in the world. Since its opening last year, thousands of residents and tourists have come here to get a bird's eye view of the beautiful metropolis. And what a view it is - especially with clear skies and no rain. Enjoy!

singapore04.jpg

singapore05.jpg

singapore06.jpg

singapore07.jpg

singapore08.jpg

singapore09.jpg

singapore10.jpg

singapore11.jpg

singapore12.jpg

singapore13.jpg

singapore14.jpg

singapore15.jpg

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";8790255 said:
Amazing photos! Wow! But I think I would puke from the height.:puke: :loco:

Scared of heights, eh, Kirsten?

Damn, guess I'll never get to see you stage dive.:loco:

Those photos are great! How long do you get to stay on the ferris wheel, and does it spin around a bunch of times before they kick you off?

Those photos are great! How long do you get to stay on the ferris wheel, and does it spin around a bunch of times before they kick you off?

Thanks for the comments, guys. The ride aboard the Flyer is 37 minutes long and one revolution, which is more than enough to take photos of the city. It costs SG$ 29.50 (US$ 21). The dining capsules, on the other hand, are a different story. They cost more (SG$ 69.00 - US$ 49.20) and are mainly for private parties. I have no idea how long a dining trip takes.

This is the Singapore Flyer. Standing at 165 meters (541 ft.), it is the tallest Ferris wheel in the world. Since its opening last year, thousands of residents and tourists have come here to get a bird's eye view of the beautiful metropolis. And what a view it is - especially with clear skies and no rain. Enjoy!

singapore04.jpg

singapore05.jpg

Ha ha, it looks like you would be sitting upside down on this ferris wheel once you hit the top! :lol: Nice shots!! I like these hanging ornaments! :worship: Glad you are enjoying your trip, Jeremy!

i love singapore!!!! my fav place to do bizness. So much money there (esp since our dollar sucks.)

Unfortunately, too bad u can't do even one wild thing there, or cops will lock you up. Drinking and partying is out. A big negative for bands.

malaysia btw is also gorgeous and the women are soooo beautiful and very american esp in kuala lampur.

n

Today's my last day here in Singapore, as I'm headed back to Manila. So last night, I went out to dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe with one of my old friends. It was an adventure walking around this city and shopping for goodies not available anywhere else. Perhaps next year, I'll visit this wonderful place again, and maybe sometime in the near future, the Maidens will tour here.

Up the Irons!

singapore23.jpg