Greetings from Thailand!

A7

Live to Win
Feb 9, 2008
Makati, Philippines
www.myspace.com
Greetings, Maidens & friends! I'm here in beautiful Pattaya, Thailand, for a business trip. It's very warm out here, but the place is an absolute paradise. For the next four days, I'll be checking out the local spots and maybe scout for a possible venue for the Maidens to perform. :kickass:

thailand01.jpg

Here are some views of Pattaya from my hotel room:

thailand02.jpg

thailand03.jpg

thailand04.jpg

thailand05.jpg

Thailand is very serious about Buddhism, hence a large number of Buddha statues everywhere like this one.

thailand10.jpg

And look who's doing business here. Guess there's been a tuition hike at Hogwart's. :lol:

thailand11.jpg

It was too hot to go to the beach today, but I managed to take some shots of the scenery during my walk.

thailand12.jpg

thailand13.jpg

All this walking on a hot sunny day's gotten me thirsty. Time for a break. Cheers!

thailand14.jpg

I love beaches!!!

I've seen that Tiger beer over here as well.

Tiger is actually a Singapore brand, but it's been my current favorite since last Christmas. I've had Singha before at a Thai restaurant in Hollywood, and it's pretty good.

It looks very beautiful there! Enjoy! Is this your first visit to Thailand?

Thanks, Linda. Yes, this is my first trip here. I'll only be staying in Pattaya, but I hope to visit Bangkok in the near future.

Here are pics of my hotel room. Not bad for 3,000 baht (roughly US$91) a night, huh?

thailand06.jpg

thailand07.jpg

thailand08.jpg

More sightseeing from Thailand:

thailand16.jpg

thailand17.jpg

thailand18.jpg

thailand19.jpg

thailand20.jpg

During my walk across town, I stopped by a beer garden located by the pier and took some more pics before I realized I was both hungry and thirsty. People from Britain know the dish on the last pic below. Bon appetit! :kickass:

thailand21.jpg

thailand22.jpg

thailand23.jpg

My last day in Thailand was on Monday. Before boarding my plane, I found more stuff to share to everyone:

thailand30.jpg

thailand31.jpg

thailand32.jpg

thailand33.jpg

Right near my gate was a group of girls playing traditional music. Here's a sample of their performance:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwYAFUUxGPk]Thai Girls Playing Music at Suvarnabhumi International Airport[/ame]

Hope you all enjoy the pics and video as much as I did taking them. I look forward to visiting this wonderful country again. Up the Irons! :headbang:

Wow...the pics are beautiful. Hope you're having a great time on your search for a venue...LOL.

Is that bangers and mash? Oye, it's getting me hungry! (and thirsty! :kickass:) Love the pics!! One of them reminds me of a part of Puerto Rico. Makes me want to travel again really soon! :headbang: Glad you had a good time! TY for scouting too! :cool:

Daaaang, wow, those are some amazing photos of what appears to be an amazing country. Fascinating! Thanks for sharing--and scouting--would so love to make it over there!