Greetings from Lapland...

DotNoir

Nyhverö
Aug 18, 2001
Tampere, Finland
I got home yesterday evening from a four day trip to Lapland... And now I decided to spam a bit of our trip :)

A friend and me decided to see the beautiful Finnish nature and started driving to Lapland... We started from Valkeakoski and headed towards Tampere, from there we headed towards Jyvaskylä. In Jyväskylä we did some shopping and ate (we ordered medium french fries and coke in McDonalds but got only little ones :yello: ). From Jyväskylä we headed towards Kuopio and visited a belvedere in Puijo, which rises to 370 meters over sea level... It was a beautiful experience :) On the first day we drove about 550km and then we found a place to pitch a tent to. Then we made a camp fire, grilled some sausages and drank a few beers and went to sleep.

On tuesday we made the final 200 km to Kuusamo, which in a way was our target. On the way we had a morning wash in a lake. Refressing... We did some shopping bought a map of Kuusamo area (well, of Ruka and Oulanka national park). We decided to go and hike in the Oulanka national park. But we visited Ruka arctic hill on the way to Oulanka. That was also a beatiful place, well... it seems to be a own village nowadays :) Drank beers in Ruka and continued driving to Oulanka. There we had to choose carefully what to bring with us to the forest, since we had to carry everythign in back packs. Well, a tent, sleeping bags, berths, clothes, food and beer... :D Then we started hiking. We hiked for about 5 km (which felt like 10 km btw) and pitched a tent on a beautiful cliff. There we grilled some sausages on the camp fire, drank some beer and even made food with an alcohol burner (potatoes and meat balls...) then we admired the views and went to sleep...

Wednesday started with making a porridge surrounded by some gazillion gnats. Those creatures aren't too fun, so we decided to pack our things as quick as possible and head back to our car. When we got back to the car, it started raining... Well, we were safe then :) The couple who started their 70km hike werent... Well, they knew what to expect... :) After a little brake we decided to see Salla, a border town to Russia. Well, when we got there we found out that there was quite much nothing, so nose towards Kemijärvi and from there to Rovaniemi. And on the way again a morning bath in a lake. On wednesday nothing much happened, just driving... Well, we had a stop in Oulu too and drank beers on a local tarrance... :) After Oulu we headed to Kalajoki, and it's sand-banks (a beach :loco: ) There we slept in a car...

Thursday was the last day of our trip. We sun bathed for a few hours in Kalajoki and then headed towards Valkeakoski. Quite much driving all day...

Now I'm a bit tired, but happyhappyjoyjoy :) I can recommend Finnish nature to everybody, this is a beautiful country, where you can find quite much everything :)

We took some 5 and half film rolls of pictures during our trip, so I will post some when I get them :)

Reactions: opacity
hmmmm... some pictures from our trip... :)

This is from Kuopio and from a Puijo view tower...
Image020_20A.jpg

From Puijo again... See the artistic view ;)
Image021_21A.jpg

This is where we had our tent the first night... The tent is located on the left side, but isn't very visible...
Image004_4A.jpg

A bit dark picture of our camp site :) The tent is somewhere in the background...
Image002_2A.jpg

Hmmm... Finns get the joke here (not all possibly...) :D
Image023_23A.jpg

Here we had our morning "shower" on tuesday :)
Image009_9A.jpg

Ruka arctic mountain... going up...
Image027_27A.jpg

...and down...
Image005_5.jpg

And next the views from the top of Ruka...
Image000_0.jpg

And more...
Image002_2.jpg

And one more...
Image003_3.jpg

Day two... :)
Image012_12A.jpg

Met some nice animals too... :headbang:
Image016_16A.jpg

then... off to the woods...
Image011_11.jpg

Image012_12.jpg

...from here...
Image014_14.jpg

...to here
Image021_21.jpg

...where we put our tent the second night...
1Image009_9A.jpg

then there aren't any too exciting pictures in a day...

but here are some nice pictures from the west coast of Finland, Pohjanmaa...

1Image018_18.jpg

1Image019_19.jpg

1Image020_20.jpg

Nice fog in the next one... You can't see it clearly, but it's there :D
1Image021_21.jpg

1Image022_22.jpg

And the sea...
1Image024_24.jpg

nice pics Dot.. :cool: Looks like u had nice time!
BUT this Pohjanmaa is so fucked up place.. People is walking with knives and stuff, wearing JUSSI-shirts ("david shirt", or something),
JUST BEING TOTAL JERKS!!!

:heh: SO I SAY: LET`S NUKE EM.. :heh:

@rei : Of course if you happen to be in Finland when my twisted mind decides to have a nice trip to any part of the Finland ;)

But hmmm... it wouldn't be too nice to sleep next to me since I keep some annoying little and not-so-little noise while sleeping :rolleyes: