Greetings

Guthix

Apathetic to hate
Jul 13, 2008
Chicago, Illinois
ive been a lurker of the pyramaze and i recently started posting there but i decided to start going around the main forum some more also :rofl: so i decided what better way then saying hi!

well bands i like are:
*Amon Amarth
Behemoth
Belphegor
Bile
*Blood Red Throne
*Bloodbath
Bloobound
Candlemass
Carcass
Carnal Forge
Cavalera Conspiracy
Communic
*Coroner
Daath
The Dark Aeons
Dark Empire
Dark Tranquility
*Death Angel
Death Breath
Decapitated
Demigod
Demiurg
Demons & Wizards
Destruction
Dethklok
Devildriver
Diablo
Dimmu Borgir
Doomsword
Droid
Drop
Dying Fetus
Ektomorf
Emperor
Ensiferum
*Entombed
Evile
*Exodus
Finntroll
Fleshcrawl
Goatwhore
Gojira
Gorgoroth
Grave
Grip Inc.
Hanzel Und Gretyl
**Iced Earth
Immortal
*Judas Priest
Jungle Rot
Kamelot
Kidney Thieves
Krabathor
Kreator
Krisiun
*Lamb Of God
Legion of Carcaroth
Malevolent Creation
Marduk
Mastadon
Megadeth
Meshuggah
*Monstrosity
*Morbid Angel
*Napalm Death
*Nevermore
Opeth
*Overkill
Pitbulls In The Nursery
Psychostick
*Pyramaze
Rammstein
*Samael
Satyricon
Six Feet Under
*Slayer
Strapping Young Lad
Suffocation
Tremulus
*Unleashed
Vader
Vehemence
*Vile
Witchery
Zyklon

* = Honorable Mentions
** = Favorite Band

also if there is any bands that are not on there and u think i should listen to say them :)

Welcome, Guthix, man I know I have seen your name somewhere before.

You should think about listening to:

Death
Cannibal Corpse
Obituary
Mayhem
Nile
Deicide
Cryptopsy
Venom
Wormed
Sepultura (EARLY! ANYTHING AFTER BENEATH THE REMAINS IS MEH / HORRIBLE)

thx for the suggestions but ive heard all of these except for wormed and well yeah

here are the reasons i dont have those on the list

Death --- got bored of after a while

Cannibal Corpse --- boring vocals boring instrumentals... no good rhythm

Obituary --- they are ok... forgot about them cuz my hd fried bout 2 years ago and didnt remember to get them again

Mayhem --- they are ok but never got around to getting them

Nile --- dont like the way the songs sound... ive given their music a chance numerous times and it just doesnt suit me

Deicide --- earlier stuff is well ok but nothing special enough to keep in my collection...

Cryptopsy --- dont like the rhythm

Venom --- same as obituary

Wormed --- i have heard many bands like this and always disliked the vocalist... sounds like a bunch of frogs

Sepultura --- same as obituary and venom

sorry to bash on bands u like :rofl: but i say it like i feel it...

well i require a good rhythm and gutteral vocals that u can still understand if thats not there im not interested...
im not saying these are bad bands... they are just not my taste...
like dragonforce i personally hate the way they sound but the guitarists have skill i will not deny that

Good rhythm, with guttural vocals you can understand? Guttural vocals are basically you pushing air out of your lungs, coning your mouth and moving your tongue to shape words, I can tell you it's really hard to be understandable doing that. Anyway, you might like Pantera and Machine Head.

Good rhythm, with guttural vocals you can understand? Guttural vocals are basically you pushing air out of your lungs, coning your mouth and moving your tongue to shape words, I can tell you it's really hard to be understandable doing that. Anyway, you might like Pantera and Machine Head.

not to start a debate on my first topic here... but yeah ur right about that but u can understand most good death metal vocalists... like cannibal corpse i can understand most of the lyrics... but wormed i cant understand a single one...

i can understand about 95% of the vocalists on my list
of course not just spacing out and know what they are saying yeah u have to pay a attention a little more but its possible... some bands u just cant

wasnt saying u were :rofl: just ive had many experiences where convos like this turn into flame fests lol

oh and thx for all the welcomes lol :p

Welcome Guthix

From ur list, I like;
Amon Amarth,Candlemass,Cavalera Conspiracy,Dark Tranquility,Demons & Wizards,Destruction,Ektomorf,Ensiferum,Entombed,Exodus,Finntroll,Iced Earth,Judas Priest,Kamelot,Kreator,Lamb Of God,Malevolent Creation,
Mastadon,Megadeth,Meshuggah,Morbid Angel,Nevermore,Opeth,Overkill,Pyramaze
Rammstein,Satyricon,Six Feet Under,Slayer,Vader

And I am so happy that someone else likes Nevermore,too.. In my country a very few people likes'em and I dunno why.....