GREGADETH HATH RETURNED

One thing you need to bear in mind here, calling me or Greg emo - even jokingly - is probably one of the most offensive things you could ever say to us. Seriously.

And besides, that post of his was a joke... latch on buddy

Stop whining emo

haha serious business.

1164067718140pu4.gif

i dont know enough about music to fight about it.

although the other day someone was telling me that their sister had a drunken argument with her friends brother about evile, the guy was saying that he doesnt like us because we're commercial sellouts (hahahaha).... and my friends sister a few days later went to their house and she could hear the same guy (her friends brother) upstairs listening to our album. haha guilty pleasure win.

dont you have to make money to be a sellout?

i dont know enough about music to fight about it.

although the other day someone was telling me that their sister had a drunken argument with her friends brother about evile, the guy was saying that he doesnt like us because we're commercial sellouts (hahahaha).... and my friends sister a few days later went to their house and she could hear the same guy (her friends brother) upstairs listening to our album. haha guilty pleasure win.

dont you have to make money to be a sellout?

:lol:

The sellout thing is a dangerous topic. There're so many definitions of a sellout thatc an be applied to almost anyone - in a few cases, any band that makes more than one demo or any band that gets signed is immediatly a sellout :lol:

id describe a sell out as some one that erm say an underground band with a few fans get noticed by media and they say hey we like you but to be aired u have to change your music to be radio friendly, and they do, id say they are sell outs as they show they dont care about their music too much, and their early fans which probably made them. like if evile stopped singing about having a bath in blood and being burnt alive to go on the radio and started singing about days that never come or sweet children id not listen to them any more. i think its cool to be kinda undergroundy FUK DA CHARTZ AND SHIT DEWD WE DON NEED DEMZ TO BE KEWL

P.S. please dont argue with me im not trying to provoke thats just my views on sellouts, dont make me have to do a CUT THE BS thread.

the mostcommon definition is 'A band that neglects their roots and initial goals for whatever their label/the music industry wnats at the time'.

So for example, if Evile were to record a sub-par groove metal album in three years, then follow that up with a watered down radio friendly rock record, they'd be sellouts. And very dead.

it is a weird subject, if our next album sells a million (it won't haha) there will be so many cries of sellout....

even though we cant PLAN to sell a million albums, i guess thats the difference, writing something you know will appeal to the mainstream masses and sell well, as opposed to having no idea how what you've done will sell.

all we want to do is make good heavy interesting music, interesting means trying new things out to me, seeing where you can push things. that does not include radio friendly pop rock, dont worry, but i'll tell you now, i don't want each album to sound the same.

oh and where has greg been to make him need to return?

I always thought "selling out" would basically just mean in it for the money. Changing you're image and style to fit in with what's popular to make more money.

it is a weird subject, if our next album sells a million (it won't haha) there will be so many cries of sellout....

even though we cant PLAN to sell a million albums, i guess thats the difference, writing something you know will appeal to the mainstream masses and sell well, as opposed to having no idea how what you've done will sell.

all we want to do is make good heavy interesting music, interesting means trying new things out to me, seeing where you can push things. that does not include radio friendly pop rock, dont worry, but i'll tell you now, i don't want each album to sound the same.

oh and where has greg been to make him need to return?

You think the exact same way as I do with your songs and albums. So long as you still stick to thrash in general, you can't go wrong with a mindset like that. We need more people like you out there Matt, people who don't think chugging E at 200bpm is good enough and such. Salutes would be in order if I didn't think salutes were gay.

And thats probably the best way to put the whole sellout stuff too - if you actually plan to make yourself a lot of money with it and you intentionally kick your old style out of the window, then you deserve the label of a sellout. However, if you just happened to make a record that went platinum then you can't really be calssed as such, as it was a matter of chance. You most certainly wouldn't be eligible for a sellout tag if you were still playing a similar style you were beforehand, but theres always those groups of uber elitists who think any band that sold more than 25 copies of their record and had a good producer has sold out :lol:

As for Greg, hes just been patrolling the pimping scene recently. I think hes had about four different girlfriends since he was last on here, and I've told him numerous times to get his ass on some forums and shit so yeah... hes back :lol: WOE!