Grind

I do like grind, but I'm more into the related genres of grind, such as deathgrind, goregrind, etc. Bands of this genre tend to be VERY good listens if you just want some good ol' action, and killer riffs. Here are some of my favourite bands from grind and related genres:

Cattle Decapitation
Pathologist
Negligent Collateral Collapse ("Reprocess Segment Database" is machine-like, hyper-fast grind with very guttural vocals)
Devourment (deathgrind)
Catasexual Urge Motivation
Gorerotted (deathgrind-ish)
Gorgasm (ditto)
Squash Bowels
The County Medical Examiners (killer Carcass-worship, featuring three doctors in medical fields, one of them being over 60 years old)

I also like borderline bands that is quite similar to deathgrind but is more deathy than grind-ish, such as Exhumed, Brodequin, Liturgy, Disgorge (US), Inveracity, Skinless, Lord Gore, etc. etc.

"ROTTEN SOUND"

fucking great band!!!!!

a little like nasum in that precise way but wackier drumming, excellent

I love grind

you should of course get the terrorizer album too
classic

brutal truth 'extreme conditions demand extreme responses'
that the fucker right there!!

need to contol is class also

sounds of the animal kingdom is a fantastic piece of work but the production really puts me off it

saw them play with pungent stench and macabre
what a gig that was!
I puked cider all over the floor

off the top of my head.
napalm death, human remains, discordance axis and of course nasum , regurgitate, ENT, agoraphobic nosebleed, abaddon incarnate, blood duster, pig destroyer, cephalic carnage, inside conflict, scottish band Zillah are worth a look..(criminally unsigned).
etc etc etc etc

I think the scald - grind connection can be a bit misleading for anyone expecting blastbeats etc, but its much much closer than say death metal or something
its a roots thing man

grindprog? hahaha

watchmaker + crowpath (wonderful bands) are probably closer style wise but its hard to call them grindcore

New The Dillenger Escape Plan
Pig Destroyer
Watchermaker

Probably the only 3 grindcore bands I've found worth listening to.

Does anyone still listen to Rune, Crowpath and Watchmaker? I put on "The End of Nothing" last night and fell in love with it again. Up next: "Kill.Fucking.Everyone". I probably haven't listened to any Willowtip release in 2 years for some reason.

Dick Sirloin said:
Does anyone still listen to Rune, Crowpath and Watchmaker? I put on "The End of Nothing" last night and fell in love with it again. Up next: "Kill.Fucking.Everyone". I probably haven't listened to any Willowtip release in 2 years for some reason.

I like Crowpath and Watchmaker, havent checked out Rune yet. I know Nate loves Crowpath alot. A few other people like Watchmaker I think, but for the most part people around here ignore grind me thinks. I use to listen to alot of grind but it seems like my tastes have been twisting and morphing alot in the past couple years.

Ashen Cold said:
New The Dillenger Escape Plan
Pig Destroyer
Watchermaker

Probably the only 3 grindcore bands I've found worth listening to.

I definately wouldn't call Dillinger "grind," they're fast, brutal and technical, but their songs are of a decent length, and they have lots of melodic parts.
Apart from that they seem to be an extremely compex mix of hardcore and jazz. Still great though.

Watchmaker is good, and Pig Destroyer is fucking awesome, but i dont think either one is really pure grind. i like the short blasts that Pig Destroyer does, but i definitely like the minute + songs more. ive been meaning to check out nasum as well, whats a good album to start with?

Dick Sirloin said:

Please tell me you have 'Erased from the Memory of Man'. Its probably one of the best reviewed albums of the year. I seriously can't find one bad review of it. Then again, people generally know what they're getting into with Watchmaker.

neal said:
Watchmaker is good, and Pig Destroyer is fucking awesome, but i dont think either one is really pure grind. i like the short blasts that Pig Destroyer does, but i definitely like the minute + songs more. ive been meaning to check out nasum as well, whats a good album to start with?

For Nasum, go with Human 2.0 for their classic sound. Go with Helvete for a slightly more refined sound. Go with Shift if you want more of a song writing emphasis. All are excellent.