Grindcore

Inso

Jul 6, 2009
Had a look and couldn't find a dedicated grindcore thread anywhere.

I have been inspired by listening to this incredible thing here:

I own Terrorizer - World Downfall which I listen to a lot, great album. But for some reason I have never checked out grindcore with any great depth, which is strange considering how much I love all music punk-related.

But anyway, this Repulsion album is destroying me more than anything I've listened to in a while, so I wanted to find out which grindcore bands are the favourites on Ultimate Metal.

What should I check out first?

Last edited by a moderator:
haha well I looked through the last couple of pages and must have missed it. Will have a look through there then.

Even though you found the other thread, napalm death, pig destroyer, insect warfare, and assuck are some mandatory stuff.

Essential grind off the top of my head (probably forgetting a couple)

Napalm Death
Repulsion
Terrorizer
Carcass
Blood
Carbonized
Impetigo
Dead Infection
Pathologist
Brutal Truth
Assuck
Nuclear Death

If you are listening to grind besides these, do yourself a favor and delete it.

Thanks, I have only heard the top four in that list so will work my way through the rest!

edit: Pig Destroyer - Prowler in the Yard is rather delicious

Great band.

I'd say this is more Powerviolence than Grind, but Napalm Death got their sound from Siege.

The greatest Grind album you will ever listen to.

Best album from Napalm Death.

As much as I want to say just go look in the other thread, I have to add Magurdergrind and Agathocles to the list since they werent mentioned.

Now go look at the other thread :)

Yeah I have owned World Downfall for years, ever since I stumbled upon 'Fear of Napalm' on youtube and was blown away by the awesomeness of that intro.

Nasum is ok but I really don't like the vocals.

Siege is interesting, its basically sped up hardcore.

Heard that Napalm album before, not for a while though, great stuff.

Drummer and the guitar player are from Fear Factory.

Comedic but still good.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv3N-pDX4J4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv3N-pDX4J4[/ame]
Goregrind

World Downfall is definitely one of the best metal albums ever recorded, I have been listening to it daily since starting this thread. First three tracks alone blow me away each time.

I've not found any other grind which is on that level yet. I think the incredible production job on WD has a fair bit to do with that, its so clean yet retaining that grittiness necessary for this genre.

Thanks Spiderchrist, I'll check those out later.

Carcass is my favorite and Symphonies of Sickness is my fav album in the genre. I know a lot will disagree and say World downfall is better but while that album is totally badass I enjoy Symphonies more.