Groan - The Sleeping Wizard NEWS

Covet Chaos

Weedian
Jul 23, 2007
St.Helens
www.myspace.com
http://www.myspace.com/groanuk

An album track is up online right now! We are going to be adding more songs to the myspace page over the next few weeks leading up to the release of the album! Get down... groove along. Let me know your throughts!

I am personally happier than I could have imagined.

Also for Keenan... We'll have a song on youtube at the start of next week.. In the form of a music video!

Excellent stuff! That track is majorly groovy man, I will make sure to buy your album (with real moneys!)

Dude..the track is awesome! i still think it sounds a lot like Black Sabbath..thats not a bad thing by the way..fucking awesome is what it is! :kickass:

SO we rocked on the weekend. Leigh and I jumped on the train to Doncaster we got there went to Greggs then met Mazz. We got on straight away and just started chatting shit for a while. Steve pulls up in his car so we all load in and we're all riding in a car together.. This makes us a real band! So we all just got on from the off... Drive up to Grimethrorpe to drop our stuff off at Steves then we head down to the rehearsah space.

When we got there I was rather confused to just see a massive blue factory. Go inside and it's even more confusing. It's got very small corridors and corrigated sheet metal all down the place. So we're led winding up stairs and down corridors in this massive factory place to the rehearsal room which is just awesome!! Only costs their band £25 a week! I fell in love with the place. So yeah.. Get there... Plug in... We started by playing Witchy Woman perfectly and BOOM. The amp I was using blew. It just didn't want to go forward with the sheer amount of rock that was happening! We managed to get stuff working in another amp which had a better tone really.

So we played Witchy Woman perfectly on the first go. Then Ancient Space (Master of Time). Then The Martyr King and Sleeping Wizard. They were all perfect but then there's 3 more songs that are a bit more difficult on drums. Well they should have been but we just carried on and played Deadly Omens and Psychedelic Demons perfectly. The Ride of The Antichrist was the only song with one very small snag. So we just jammed the songs over and over and wrote transitions and shit like that. Cracked out some booze and... err... You know. So we sat about a lot too having a laugh.

The car ride back to Steves was just amazing and now to know we're a band.. We have an insane amount of inside jokes. Then I suggested we write a song about Tony Iommi. Then comedy followed and here's what we got.

The first song off the SECOND album will be called ‘Uncle Tips’. It’s about Tony Iommi and is based around a verse riff of pure funk and groove

“I stare at a mountain
and what do I see?
Mr Tony Iommi..looking at me”

We actually started to write this song on the second day and just jammed through the stuff more and more. Getting tighter. So we filmed some stuff too got many pictures. So hopefully we'll have something soon.

Also I blagged my way home from Sheffield! I had the wrong train ticket back to Manchester. Then I got on my train back to St Helens and I had no cash... Just my bank card that I know doesn't work on a train. So I come to use my card and say sorry loads and whatnot and he let me off for free haha :D

Is there anyway you could send me the songs you used to have up on your myspace? :lol: I really liked them, and only got to listen to them once :(

Well... On Monday the final version of Sleeping Wizard will be online. I have other finished tracks but they're not going on myspace. Demz all be for the CD yo!

It's just that old mix doesn't do any justice to the final mix. The other ones wasn't a band playing the songs. It was a drum machine and programmed bass, but the guitars and vocals were real of course. The final drum takes really make the songs breathe and come to life. Especially for The Martyr King.

Well... On Monday the final version of Sleeping Wizard will be online.
:D

I have other finished tracks but they're not going on myspace. Demz all be for the CD yo!
:(

It's just that old mix doesn't do any justice to the final mix. The other ones wasn't a band playing the songs. It was a drum machine and programmed bass, but the guitars and vocals were real of course. The final drum takes really make the songs breathe and come to life. Especially for The Martyr King.
it's understandable, at least there is another new track soon :D