groooowl roar roar

Anarkissed

BOK CHOY!!!
May 3, 2003
Uranus
anarkissed.deviantart.com
This has probably been discussed before but...

How do death metal vocalists, like Mikael, growl like that? Does it depend on who you are or can anyone growl? Mine come out like i'm trying to clear a sore throat. :ill:

My screaming is great but i want more range, so i can scream and growl :p
Any tips?

Yeah, I can growl, like Mike, or even venture as far as the brutal style of bands like Nile. It took me ages to be able to growl, about 6 - 10 months or something mad like that.

What I did, was to make my voice as deep and loud as it could go, and glug plenty of water in the process. I probably did it the throat damaging way, but I can now do full on death vocals. Which is quite useful as Nile are one of my fave bands.

Anyway, yes, thats that!

I'm sure other people will be able to offer better advice haha :p

I do it just for fun, but I'm alright at it - get a low tone, and push the sound from your stomach (diaphragm). Practice gets you deeper and if it hurts, stop. this is no 'feel the burn' situation, you'll irreversibly damage your vocal chords like that.

Anyone good at maths? :tickled:

Divine_intent said:
god another stupid fag.
What has this to do with Black metal? Cause he was a member of a "bm" band?

Divine_intent said:
Arent you 15 years old Guardian of Darkness ? or maybe it was 14.

Divine_intent said:
LOL dimmu borgir forum.
What the hell happened to Opeth's fanbase?
Nowdays its full With nu metal kids,Wannabe black metal losers and people that complain that Opeth use growls.

Divine_intent said:
lol pathetic human.Do you call hardcore Extreme music?Go back to your Hatebreed and nu metal please fucking loser.I say slipknot is the most Extreme band in metal today ! yes!!

Divine_intent said:
Abigail,Sabbat,Sigh,Metalucifer etc..

Divine_intent said:
Why do you wanna roar?So you can start your own Nu metal band perhaps?
fuck off you pop loving fag.

Divine_intent said:
Nice attempt trying to look cool.Better hand it over to someone who actually are.Cause your a jerk.

Divine_intent said:
Oh yes i agree very much.When they lost their bass and drummer they lost their magic.Opeth is not a bad band and the still make good music but its not like anything they did on Orchid and Morningrise.And i find 90% of all Opeth fans having very bad music taste.Most here actually listen to pop and nu metal anyway.

Divine_intent said:
Slipknot_isn't_metal what a smart nickname you have Reverend Bizarre.
I bet it took years for you to make that out.

Divine_intent said:
Umm that is not the Original?
I have the Original Orchid cd and the cover art do not have the Opeth logo.
No one of the 3 European Originals have the Opeth logo on the cover art.

Divine_intent said:
Sick of it All is one of the most important bands in extreme music history?
HAH.

Divine_intent said:
yes.
i WANT EVERYONE HERE TO FUCKING JUMP ON 3 CAUSE UR MUSIC IS SO MOTHERFUCKING HEAVY!

Divine_intent said:
Well i love that serie.
How old are you Ol' Dirty Bastard ?
Your "flames" are worthless.You talk about how no one cares for dying sun.Do you think anyone care what YOU are writing here? No cause its just empty bullshit.

Why do you even have a Tatu avatar pic?Do you like pop music perhaps?
Or do you just think their fake lesbian image is so cool ?

Divine_intent said:
Yes i thought my reply was perfect.I mean what the fuck is this? TOO HOT or TOO SCARY ?
And there are almost no black metal "chicks" at all.They are called Goth chicks.You know the diffrence right?
fuck off.

Divine_intent said:
go away nu metal kid.